WEST DECATUR – Central Intermediate Unit No. 10 held its annual 24 Challenge hosted by Lock Haven University, Clearfield on May 3.
This competition is open to students in fourth through eighth grade in the CIU No. 10 service area. Third grade students were also invited to prepare themselves for next year’s competition.
The CIU No. 10 serves public, non-public and charter schools in Centre, Clearfield and Clinton counties.
Seventh/Eighth Grade Winners:
- First place, Gavin Dunlap, Moshannon Valley School
- Second place, Emma Suplizio, DuBois Central Catholic
- Third place, Luke Sidorick, St. Francis School
Sixth Grade Winners:
- First place, Sapna Yadalla, Central Mountain Middle School
- Second place, Braden Bickle, Bellefonte Middle School
- Third place, Sofia Dressler, Central Mountain Middle School
Fourth/Fifth Grade Winners:
- First place, Carson Nagle, Bald Eagle Area
- Second place, Kaden Clark, Bald Eagle Area
- Third place, Christian Reigh, Marion-Walker Elementary
- First place, Reagan Warton, Moshannon Valley School
- Second place, Jocelyn Vereshack, Moshannon Valley School
- Third place, Aeowyn Ramkassky, Clearfield Alliance Christian
According to the CIU No. 10, 144 students from nine school districts participated.
Next year’s event is scheduled for early spring at the Bald Eagle Area School District with a date to be determined.