State police at Clearfield
- State police reported that a rifle was located Saturday in a wooded area along Blackburn Road in Woodward Township. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police investigated an assault that occurred Sunday at a North Fifth Street apartment in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 30-year-old Philipsburg man allegedly assaulted the victim for unknown reasons. The suspect fled the scene and the victim was taken by ambulance to UPMC Altoona for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. State police obtained an arrest warrant for the suspect through the district magistrate. He was apprehended and incarcerated at the Centre County Correctional Facility to await arraignment.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred May 4 at the Wal-Mart parking lot in Young Township. A female told a trooper there was a blue paint transfer onto her 2009 Chevrolet Malibu while it was parked in the lot. Damage is estimated at $50.
- Police received a report about an altercation on Zimmerman Avenue. Police attempted to make contact with those involved; however, they refused to answer their door.
- Police received a report about a female who had left the emergency room with an IV still in her arm. Police located the female who had discarded of the IV.
- Police are investigating a case of harassment that has been taking place over Facebook.
- Police responded to the Nichols Street area and located a male who reportedly had an active arrest warrant through the Huntington County Sheriff’s Office. He was later released as the Sheriff’s Office was unable to verify the warrant.
- Police responded to the Dorey Street area, where a female had taken medication that did not belong to her. Police assisted the female until emergency personnel arrived and transported her to the hospital.
- Police assisted the fire department at the Upper Witmer Park, where a child was stuck in playground equipment.
- Police responded to an animal complaint on East Market Street.
- Police arrested a male on domestic violence charges after an alleged physical altercation along Ella Street.
- Police stopped a vehicle along West Second Avenue and determined that the driver had an active warrant. He was able to satisfy the warrant at the scene.
- Police received a report about an alleged theft after a South Fourth Street resident noticed a toolbox was missing from their storage closet.
- Police responded to South Fourth Street, where a female was unable to contact her care worker due to her phone not functioning properly. Police were able to assist with getting her phone in service.
- Police responded to a trespassing complaint on East Pine Street. Upon arrival, police located a female who had an active warrant through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office. The female was transported to the jail on the warrant.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred Sunday at the Lawrence Park Village. According to police, the caller allowed a friend to spend the evening at her apartment. Her friend allegedly took a cellular phone and an amount of money without her permission when he left. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police investigated an incident of endangering the welfare of children Saturday on Palmer Street. According to the report, officers went to the residence to attempt to make contact with a wanted person. Upon arrival, they located several adults and juveniles at a party that allegedly involved drinking and drug use. When police made contact with the homeowner, it was learned that she was aware of the party and that there were juveniles present. She, along with a male, was housed in county jail on probation detainers and warrants. Charges are to be filed for drug paraphernalia, endangering the welfare of children and corruption of minors.
- Police reported on a drug-related DUI that occurred Saturday in the Sheetz parking lot along state Route 879 in Clearfield. Police say there were three people occupying the vehicle and they were traveling from Ohio. They reportedly gave officers conflicting stories. Upon investigation, officers could detect the odor of marijuana and there was probable cause to conduct a search of the vehicle. Officers located a small amount of marijuana and multiple items of drug paraphernalia. The driver was allegedly under the influence of controlled substances and admitted to be an “active user” of marijuana, heroin and cocaine. Police took the driver to the hospital for a legal blood draw. Charges are expected to be filed in the incident.
- Police reported on an incident of DUI that occurred Sunday on River Road. According to police, a vehicle was stopped for a traffic infraction and equipment violation. Upon investigation, it was determined that the male driver was allegedly under the influence of alcohol. He was taken to the hospital for a legal blood draw and released to a sober person. Charges are to be filed in the incident.