CLEARFIELD – The Clearfield County Commissioners addressed miscellaneous items of business at Tuesday’s regular meeting.
- approved the new hire of Kiley Smith, part-time, Telecommunicator, 911, effective March 26.
- proclaimed May as National Foster Care Month at the request of Shannon Kelly and Jenn Weaver from the Clearfield County Children’s Aid Society.
- approved an E-waste/HHW grant application for the county’s special electronic and household hazardous waste collection events at the request of Jodi Brennan, solid waste authority director. Brennan said the grant request would be in the amount of $12,000 and a 20 percent match would be required of the CCSWA. If the grant is received, Brennan said she would serve as its administrator.
- approved a copier lease with Doing Better Business.
- approved a memorandum of understanding with Cen-Clear Child Services.
- approved linkage agreements between the Meadows and the county’s jail and Children & Youth Services.
- approved liquid fuel allocations to Burnside Township, $4,695.37; Chest Township, $3,190.28; Goshen Township, $3,450.02; and Woodward Township, $4,369.47.
- approved the appointment of Rebekah Graham of The Daisy Place to the Clearfield County Planning Commission.
- announced a public meeting will be held in regards to a proposed disposal injection well in the Highland Street Extension area of Brady Township. The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. May 24 at the Brady Township building. The commissioners will release additional details at a future date.