State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of theft from a motor vehicle that occurred Friday in a private driveway on Buchannan Street in Knox Township. During the incident, someone allegedly gained access to the victim’s vehicle via an unlocked door and removed a small pocket knife from the middle console. Its estimated value is $25, state police say. Residents are reminded to lock their vehicles if they are being left unattended. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- On Wednesday state police attempted to conduct a traffic stop for equipment violations on a pair of sport bikes near Save-A-Lot in Sandy Township. When the trooper activated their emergency lights, the drivers reportedly accelerated and fled at a high rate through Sandy and Winslow Townships and Reynoldsville Borough. Before the pursuit was terminated, state police observed multiple traffic violations. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-371-4652.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about a terroristic threats incident that occurred Thursday at the Philipsburg-Osceola Area High School. State police say a note was found in a classroom, which referenced “shooting up the school.”
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred Thursday at the Delancy Post Office in Young Township. During the incident, someone allegedly entered the post office’s lobby and threw miscellaneous paper and trash on the floor. In addition, state police say numerous plastic shelves were broken and there was damage to the handle/door at the employee entrance. State police indicated that this is the third such incident in a two-week period. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-938-0510.
- Police reported on a drug-related incident that occurred Thursday. According to police, routine patrol was being conducted in the area of Riverview and Coal Hill roads when an officer observed a vehicle with an expired inspection. Police were trying to turn around to conduct a traffic stop when it became apparent the driver was trying to avoid them by turning down different roads. Police eventually conducted a traffic stop in the area of SW Third Avenue and throughout the investigation the vehicle’s occupants were not honest. Police were aware they were “known drug users” and got permission to search the vehicle. Various amounts of drug paraphernalia were allegedly located near a passenger. Charges are to be filed as a result.
- Police reported on a DUI incident that occurred Friday on the Clearfield-Curwensville Highway. During a traffic stop, police made contact with the male driver and detected signs of intoxication, along with an open container in the center console area. Police proceeded to administer field sobriety tests and allegedly observed signs of impairment. The driver was taken to the hospital for a legal blood draw and then housed in county jail, as he was unable to find a sober person to be released to.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct that occurred Friday at the Lawrence Park Village. A male and female were engaged in a domestic dispute and he was allegedly under the influence of marijuana; he was also refusing to leave LPV. Police took the male into custody and put him in county jail.
- Police reported on a drug-related incident that occurred Friday on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway. During a traffic stop, police detected the odor of marijuana. The driver was detained and police conducted a search of the vehicle. The search allegedly yielded a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Police later released the driver and charges will be filed in the future.