CLEARFIELD – The Clearfield County Commissioners addressed miscellaneous items of business at Tuesday’s regular meeting.
- approved personnel items, including: the hiring of Matthew Swisher, temporary, full-time/assistant public defender, effective April 23; the transfer of Tyler Knepp, part-time corrections officer to full-time corrections officer/jail, effective April 1; and the separation/retirement of Chelsea Moore, full-time corrections officer/jail, effective April 2.
- approved a linkage agreement between the county and Peerstar LLC.
- announced that the local American Red Cross will hold a smoke alarm installation event April 28 in Clearfield Borough.
- approved liquid fuel allocations to Curwensville Borough, $4,506.78; Cooper Township, $5,457.36; Lawrence Township, $10,721.13; Irvona Borough, $3,000; and Covington Township, $3,696.08. Commissioner John A. Sobel, chair, abstained from the Covington Township vote due to conflict.
Also, the Clearfield County Salary Board addressed items of business at a brief meeting Tuesday. The board:
- approved to temporarily suspend the position of first assistant public defender, effective April 10.
- approved to create the temporary position of assistant public defender, effective April 10, at a salary of $39,500 annually. This position will be collapsed when the first assistant public defender position is recreated.