UNIVERSITY PARK – Penn State fans who attend the Blue-White Game presented by Xfinity will have a variety of activities to participate in throughout the weekend on the University Park campus. The game is set for Saturday, April 21 at 3 p.m.
The popular autograph session with the Nittany Lions will be held from 12:15 p.m. – 1:05 p.m. Members of the Penn State football team will be assigned to gates A, B, C, E and F of Beaver Stadium.
The players will be permitted to sign one item per person to give as many fans as possible an opportunity to meet the squad. Additional information regarding the autograph session will be released at a later date.
Fan Fest, the official Penn State football game day fan festival, includes numerous displays, vendors and interactive events for kids, and will run from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Fan Fest will be located on Curtin Road near Beaver Stadium, as it is during the season.
The Blue-White Family Fun Zone will be held from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. in Holuba Hall and the Pegula Ice Arena parking lot off of University Drive. The Fun Zone is free and open to the public.
The Family Fun Zone features game stations run by Penn State athletics teams, live entertainment, interactive games, inflatables, novelty stations, giveaways and fun for the entire family.
Penn State letterman, LaVar Arrington, is bringing his elite eighth-grade all-star game to Happy Valley. The invitees will practice on campus the week leading up to the Blue-White Game and culminates in the A11 Stars Bowl in Beaver Stadium beginning at 10 a.m. The A11 Stars Bowl will be open to the public without charge.
During the game, the 2017 Fiesta Bowl championship team will be recognized on the field.
The ninth annual Paterno Family Beaver Stadium Run/Family Fun Walk to benefit Special Olympics Pennsylvania is set for 11 a.m. on Sunday, April 22.
Participants will finish at the 50-yard line in Beaver Stadium for the three-mile run or one-mile walk. For more information, go to: specialolympicspa.org.
For additional information on the Blue-White Game, visit here.
Admission is free for the Blue-White Game presented by Xfinity. Season ticket and season parking permit holders from the 2017 season received a white 2018 Blue-White Game parking permit with their 2017 ticket booklet last summer.
The 2018 Blue-White Game parking permit is valid for the white or yellow lots. Season ticket holders planning to attend the Blue-White Game are asked to hang their permit as they approach Beaver Stadium to assist with traffic management. Previously issued Blue-White Game parking permits that are lost will not be replaced.
Fans attending the Blue-White Game who did not have 2017 season tickets and a season parking permit will be charged for parking.
- Fans with a white 2018 Blue White permit issued with their 2017 parking permits will be admitted without charge.
- Fans may purchase a yellow 2018 Blue White permit in advance as described below.
- Fans with no permit will be charged at the lot entrance on April 21.
- Friday Overnight RV arrival with a white 2018 Blue White permit issued with their 2017 parking permit will pay $60 at the ORV lot.
- Friday Overnight RV arrival with no permit will be charged $100 at the ORV lot.
- Saturday RV arrival with an RV permit issued with the 2017 season permit will be admitted without charge.
- Saturday RV arrival with no permit will be charged $40 at the ORV lot.
Car parking can be purchased in advance by calling 1-800-NITTANY, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or by visiting the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office, weekdays from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Phone orders will be taken until Friday, April 6, while in-person purchases can be made until Friday, April 20. Parking on Blue-White Game day is cash only.
The overnight RV lot opens Friday, April 20 at 8 a.m. Beaver Stadium parking lots will open on game day at 8 a.m. Beaver Stadium gates will open at 1:30 p.m.
The team blue bus arrival for the Nittany Lions will be at 11:45 a.m. at the corner of Curtin and Porter roads.
The Blue-White Game completes the Nittany Lions’ 15 spring practice sessions. The contest will air live on the Big Ten Network, Penn State Sports Network and GoPSUsports.com.
The Blue-White Game is the university’s unofficial annual spring reunion. Last year, an estimated 68,000 fans were in attendance.
The Blue-White Game has drawn more than 50,000 fans in seven of the past nine years, which included crowds of 70,000 or more in three of the last four years.
Penn State returns 13 starters (eight offensive, three defensive, two specialists) and 26 additional lettermen. The Nittany Lions open the season at Beaver Stadium against Appalachian State Sept. 1.
Penn State season ticket renewals and Nittany Lion Club membership renewals are under way for the 2018 Penn State Football season presented by PSECU. The ticket invoice and Nittany Lion Club renewal deadline was Feb. 1.
For information on joining the Nittany Lion Club and purchasing new 2018 season tickets, as well as club seating in Beaver Stadium, fans can visit www.PSUnrivaled.com, call 1-800-NITTANY weekdays from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. or visit the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office weekdays from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
More than 5,100 new season tickets have already been sold for the 2018 campaign.
Blue-White Weekend Presented by Xfinity Schedule of Events, April 20-22:
Friday, April 20
- All Sports Museum open, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, April 21
- Beaver Stadium parking lots open, 8 a.m.
- Blue-White Family Fun Zone; Holuba Hall, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Fan Festival; Curtin Road, 9 a.m.
- A11 Stars Bowl; Beaver Stadium, 10 a.m.
- Team Bus Arrival; Curtin Road & Porter Road, 11:45 a.m.
- Lion Cub Zone outside of All Sports Museum, 12 p.m. -2 p.m.
- Player Autograph Session; Gates A, B, C, E, F, 12:15 p.m. – 1:05 p.m.
- All Beaver Stadium Gates open, 1:30 p.m.
- Blue-White Game, 3 p.m.
Sunday, April 22
- All Sports Museum open, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Women’s Tennis vs. Illinois; Tennis Center, 11 a.m.
- Paterno Family Beaver Stadium Run, 11 a.m.
- Newsboys with special guest Zealand; Bryce Jordan Center, 6 p.m.