State police at Clearfield
- On March 27 state police received a report about someone allegedly posting an intimate picture of a female on an Internet Web site.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment Saturday on Old Turnpike Road in Allport. During the incident, a female allegedly grabbed the victim, threw her to the ground and stepped on her back. She’s being cited for the incident.
State police at DuBois
- State police reported on an overdose that occurred Friday on Main Street in Falls Creek Borough. According to state police, a 24-year-old Brookville woman injected herself with suspected heroin and overdosed. She was released from Penn Highlands later that same night. State police also seized multiple items of drug paraphernalia from the residence, and the incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police reported on a DUI that occurred Friday on Emma Street in Irvona Borough. According to state police, a vehicle driven by a 53-year-old male was stopped for a traffic violation, and he was determined to be under the influence. Charges were filed through the district court.
- State police reported on a DUI that occurred Saturday in the area of Main and Pickering streets in Brookville Borough. According to state police, a vehicle driven by a 23-year-old male was stopped for a traffic violation, and he was determined to be under the influence. Charges will be filed through the district court pending blood test results.
State police at Ridgway
- State police reported on a drug-related DUI that occurred Friday on Montmorenci Road near Commons Drive. According to state police, a vehicle driven by a Ridgway teen was stopped for a traffic violation, and he was found in possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. Charges are currently pending laboratory results.
- Police received a noise complaint on West Second Avenue. Police made contact with the person to advise them of the complaint.
- Police received a harassment complaint along North Second Street. Police spoke with the involved parties.
- Police responded to an animal complaint along NW Fourth Avenue. Two dogs were located and transported to the SPCA.
- Philipsburg-based state police were assisted in attempting to locate a male who violated a Protection from Abuse order.
- Police received a report about two suspicious persons on Stewart Avenue. However, police were unable to locate anyone.
- Police arrested a male for public intoxication after he was found face down on the sidewalk along Weaver Street. He became combative with police and was taken to the county jail.
- Police received a report about a female who was causing problems at an apartment complex on East Locust Street. However, she left prior to police arrival.
- Police received a report about an altercation between a male and female on Boyer Street. Police found the altercation to be verbal in nature. A male agreed to leave the residence for the evening.
- Police received a report about a vehicle that was speeding down Nichols Street; an occupant had also thrown something out the window. Police searched the area and were unable to locate the vehicle or what was thrown from it.
- Police handled a noise complaint along East Locust Street.
- Police received a report about an activated alarm along North Second Street. Police found the alarm was set off by an employee.
- Police received a report about a theft Saturday in the Rural King parking lot. During the incident, a known female allegedly stole cash from the victim’s vehicle while they were shopping. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police reported a drug/weapons violation that occurred Monday on Route 879 in Lawrence Township. According to police, a vehicle stop was conducted for traffic violations. Through contact with the driver during the investigation, it was found he was allegedly in possession of a concealed and loaded handgun while not having a valid permit; he was also in possession of drug paraphernalia. Police say it was found that his passenger was previously in possession of a loaded handgun, which he had concealed in the glove box, and he also didn’t have a valid permit. A search of the vehicle turned up various drug paraphernalia, marijuana and stolen property from another incident. Charges are to be filed through the district court.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of trespassing that occurred March 19 at Wal-Mart in Clearfield. The suspect was identified as Barbara Shaw of Clearfield, who was charged and is awaiting a preliminary hearing.
- Police responded to an activated alarm on Liberty Boulevard. Upon arrival, police found the building was secured; the key holder couldn’t be contacted.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a male skateboarder at the intersection of West Long Avenue and Evergreen Street. He was reportedly attempting to video himself boarding down the road. He was advised about the safety and traffic concerns related to his actions.
- Sandy Township police were assisted with an activated alarm at Pet Co. Upon arrival, it was found to be secured.
- Police responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of West Washington Avenue and South State Street. According to police, a Toyota Rev4 was traveling south and its driver failed to stop at the intersection. It subsequently struck a Toyota Highlander traveling on West Washington Avenue. No injuries were reported at the scene; both vehicles sustained moderate damage.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications. During the incident, a known female allegedly threatened to cause damage to the victim’s vehicle in a Facebook post. The victim wanted to notify police in the event something happened.
- Police received a report about a white Cadillac being driven all over the roadway in the area of West DuBois Avenue and DuBois Street. A witness had followed the vehicle from Brockway and last observed it on West DuBois Avenue; however, police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance in the 500 block of South State Street. Both people were allegedly under the influence of alcohol and began arguing. A mutual friend arrived and both decided to part ways for the night.
- Police responded to a report about a found dog in the 100 block of Quarry Avenue. It was placed in the city kennel and later released to its owner.
- Police received a report about a vehicle that was parked on the curb on Olive Avenue. However, it was gone prior to police arrival.
- Police received a report about a 911 hang-up call in the 100 block of West Long Avenue. Upon arrival, officers found a resident had fallen and was unable to get up. Emergency personnel arrived to provide treatment and transport to the hospital.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity in the 500 block of South Avenue. According to police, a neighbor was wearing a headlamp and digging behind the caller’s residence. When police spoke with the male, he stated that he was “digging for artifacts.”
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle on Beaver Drive. Upon arrival, police located a vehicle with a faulty alarm sounding intermittently.
- Police received a report about a disturbance in the 700 block of West Long Avenue. Upon arrival, a female told police that she and her friends came home after a night out and were being a little loud. Her friends had left and she was asked to keep the noise down for the remainder of the night.