State police at Clearfield
- State police responded to a hit-and-run crash with injuries Thursday on Interstate 80 eastbound near mile-marker 122.2 in Clearfield County. According to the report, a car was traveling in the right-hand lane while a tractor-trailer was traveling in the left. The tractor-trailer made contact with the car, causing it to travel off the eastbound shoulder and overturn. State police say the car was occupied by five people, and multiple people sustained injuries. The driver of the tractor-trailer didn’t stop and continued traveling east on I-80. State police believe the trailer will have damage to its passenger’s side. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Wednesday at Weis Market in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 48-year-old Osceola Mills woman was allegedly observed putting several items into her purse while she was shopping. She then walked out of the store without paying for $48.72 worth of items. She was cited through the district court for the incident.
- State police reported on a drug-related incident that occurred Wednesday on South Eagle Valley Road in Huston Township. State police say someone disposed of a used heroin bag on the side of the roadway. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Wednesday on East Beaver Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 54-year-old Philipsburg man allegedly subjected a female to unwanted physical contact. The man was located and cited through the district court.
State police at Ridgway
- State police are investigating a house fire that occurred Tuesday in Irvona Borough. According to the report, it started on the second division at the B/C corner in a bedroom. It was discovered by a household member and the house was evacuated. The Irvona Fire Company responded to the scene and extinguished the fire. No injuries were reported.
- State police received a report about a criminal trespass incident that occurred Tuesday at a Kersey residence. During the incident, someone allegedly gained entry into a trailer through an unlocked door. There wasn’t anything taken from inside and the suspect fled the scene on Irishtown Road toward Route 948. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Feb. 9 at the Wal-Mart Store in Clearfield. During the incident, a couple allegedly failed to pay the full price for merchandise at the check-out. The stolen merchandise totaled $45.27, police say, and the investigation is still pending.
- Police received information about people who were residing at the Harbor Inn.
- Police received a report about a traffic hazard in the area of the Drane Highway and White Tail Way.
- Police received a complaint from PennDOT regarding vehicles parked along Walnut Street. Owners are asked to remove vehicles from the roadway and to keep them parked far enough to the berm to allow for passage of PennDOT snow plows.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespass by motor vehicle.
- Police received a report about littering along Baughman Cemetery Road. Violators will be prosecuted for illegal dumping and littering.
- Police received a report about a driver yelling obscene language on First Street. However, police were unable to locate the described vehicle.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a female who was acting violent on Locust Street. Upon arrival, police found she didn’t threaten or harm anyone and that everything was OK.