CLEARFIELD – The Clearfield County Election Board, at the direction of the Pennsylvania Department of State, is currently in the process of reviewing voter registration records.
The purpose is for the board to confirm all registered voters are assigned to the correct precincts. Most voters will not be impacted by the process.
The review will be completed utilizing available GIS and mapping data. If it indicates the voter is assigned to the incorrect precinct, they will receive a notice with their new voting location.
Any municipality, which has more than one precinct, is more likely to have voters that are assigned to the incorrect precinct. These include:
- Clearfield Borough, Precincts 1-4
- DuBois City, Precincts 1-5
- Beccaria Township, Precincts 1-2
- Bradford Township, Precincts 1-2
- Cooper Township, Precincts 1-2
- Decatur Township, Precincts 1-2
- Lawrence Township Precincts, Glen Richey, Golden Rod, Hyde and Plympton
- Morris Township, Precincts 1-2
- Sandy Township Precincts, Falls Creek 1, Oklahoma, Sabula, Treasure Lake and West Sandy
- Woodward Township, Precincts 1-2
The Election Board is comprised of the three Clearfield County Commissioners John A. Sobel, chair, Mark B. McCracken and Tony Scotto.
The commissioners issued the following statement: “We realize some voters may be upset if they are reassigned from a precinct they have been voting in for the past elections to a new precinct based upon physical address.
“However, federal and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania laws mandate that the county Board of Election and the Voter Registration Office must assign voters to cast their votes at the correct precinct location.
“We were directed by the Pennsylvania Department of State to perform this review, and we must, by law, reassign any voter that is voting in the wrong precinct location.
“We ask that any voters reassigned to a different precinct voting location to understand the necessity of this process and to continue to exercise their right to vote in future elections.”