State police at DuBois
- A state police fire marshal investigated a fire that occurred Saturday on Simon Lane in Warsaw Township. According to the report, the fire destroyed a two-story barn and its cause couldn’t be determined. No injuries were reported, and damage was estimated at $75,000.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Saturday on Elderberry Hill Road in Young Township. During the incident, a couple was engaged in a verbal argument that allegedly turned physical.
- State police reported on a drug-related incident that occurred Feb. 15 at the Jefferson County Jail. Upon investigation, it was found that an inmate allegedly brought a controlled substance into the jail and had two Suboxone sublingual films. The investigation is ongoing; charges have not yet been filed.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespassing that occurred March 5 at Forum Energy. During the incident, a former employee was allegedly on the property after being advised previously that he was terminated and should not be there. He was later taken into custody on a warrant on charges in relation to the incident that caused his termination. Charges of trespassing and disorderly conduct are currently pending.
- Police received a report about an incident of public drunkenness that occurred Sunday on First Avenue in Glen Richey. During the incident, a male was allegedly causing a disturbance, intoxicated and breaking items inside a residence. Upon arrival, police found the male to be intoxicated, and he was lodged in county jail. Charges have been filed for the incident.
- Police reported on an incident of DUI that occurred Sunday on state Route 879. While on routine patrol, police observed a vehicle traveling onto the bypass with an inoperable headlight. During a traffic stop, the male driver was allegedly found to be under the influence of alcohol. Police say he was very argumentative and aggressive; he attempted to resist on two, separate occasions. DUI-related charges are expected to be filed.
- Police reported on an incident of DUI that occurred Saturday on South Second Street. While conducting routine patrol, police observed a male driver commit a traffic violation. Upon conducting a traffic stop, the driver was allegedly found to be under the influence of alcohol. He was subsequently taken to the hospital for a legal blood draw.
- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Friday at Rural King. During the incident, a male allegedly attempted to remove $86.37 worth of merchandise from the store. He was confronted by store employees, dropped the merchandise and fled.
- Police reported on a drug-related incident that occurred Friday at the Clearfield County Career & Technology Center. During the incident, a known juvenile was allegedly found by staff to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana while attending classes. Charges are currently pending for the incident.
- Police received a report about an outdoor alarm in the 400 block of Beaver Drive. Upon arrival, police found the building was secured. Before police could check with the key holder, the alarm company cancelled their assistance.
- Police responded to a two-vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of North Brady Street. According to police, a motorist was pulling out of the Sheetz parking lot as directed by a driver of a semi-truck. After clearing the first lane, the motorist failed to see another vehicle coming; the two vehicles subsequently collided with each other. Two people were taken to the hospital for a medical evaluation; one vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a female. She was found to be OK.
- Police responded to a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of Liberty Boulevard and Beaver Drive. According to police, a vehicle was traveling north, and its driver passed through a steady red light. It subsequently struck another vehicle that was turning onto Liberty Boulevard. No injuries were reported as a result; one vehicle was towed from the scene. The driver will be cited for the accident.
- Police were requested to contact a male in reference to a harassment complaint. Upon investigation, police determined it wasn’t harassment.
- Clearfield County sheriff deputies were assisted with a male who was wanted on a warrant and at the Penn Highlands Hospital. Upon arrival, police took the male into custody and he was turned over to deputies.
- While on routine patrol, police observed a truck and its driver committed a traffic violation in the DuBois Street area. According to police, a 33-year-old DuBois man was determined to be under the influence of alcohol. He was subsequently arrested for suspected DUI. After being taken for a legal blood draw, he was released to his wife. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a tip about a wanted male being at a residence in the 400 block of West Spruce Alley. When police arrived, they located the DuBois male and he was taken into custody. He was released to the DuBois-based state police.