CLEARFIELD – A special electronics recycling and household hazardous waste collection will be held in March.
The event, hosted by the Clearfield County Solid Waste Authority, will be held on March 17 in Clearfield.
Acceptable electronics will be
- televisions and monitors;
- computer towers, keyboards, mice and speakers;
- printers, copiers, fax machines and scanners;
- audio, stereo and video equipment;
- DVD and VCR players; and
- telephones and answering machines.
Acceptable household hazardous wastes will be:
- oil-based paints and stains;
- paint thinners;
- household cleaners;
- degreasers and car care products;
- pool chemicals;
- mercury-containing devices;
- fluorescent lamps; and
The cost to residents is 60 cents per pound for televisions, monitors, computer towers and peripherals and 40 cents per pound for all other electronic waste.
The cost for mercury-containing devices is $6.35 per pound; household hazard wastes 78 cents per pound; and fluorescent bulbs and batteries $1.47 per pound. Payment is due upon delivery.
Pre-registration is required by calling 1-866-815-0016 or by visiting online at www.ecsr.net and selecting the “collection events” tab at the top of the webpage.
For more information, call Clearfield County Solid Waste Authority Office at 814-765-5149.