State police at DuBois
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred between July 1, 2017 and Feb. 25 on Bilger’s Rocks Road in Bloom Township. During the incident, someone allegedly took a Multi-Antenna Reader belonging to the Susquehanna River Basin Commission. It’s used to monitor aquatic life; it was taken from along Bilger Run. State police are continuing their investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call 814-371-4652.
- Police responded to a crash Thursday westbound on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway near Industrial Park Road in Lawrence Township. According to police, a vehicle was sitting stationary at a stop light when it was rear-ended. No injuries were reported as a result.
- Police received a report about a theft incident Wednesday at the Hyde Uni-Mart in Lawrence Township. During the incident, an employee allegedly removed money from the cash register on several occasions. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Feb. 6 at the Clearfield County Jail. During the incident, two inmates were involved in a physical altercation. A female inmate allegedly struck another, causing injury to her nose and face. Citations have been filed as a result.
- Police received a report about an alarm at Palumbo’s Meat Market. Upon arrival, police located a door open to the basement and entered the building. Police say there didn’t appear to be anything out of place; the floors were wet and had apparently just been cleaned. An employee told police that the door was unlatched; the building was secured and police cleared the scene.
- Police received a report about an unruly male patient in the intensive care unit at the hospital. Upon arrival, police made contact with a nurse. Police say the patient was in his room but still visibly upset. Police cleared the scene without incident.
- Police received a report about a stray dog in the area of the 100 block of East Washington Avenue. The caller told police a pit bull mix was running around the neighborhood and was last seen heading toward East Long Avenue. Police searched the area with negative results.