State police at Philipsburg
- On Feb. 20, a deputy sheriff from Wicomico County, Maryland contacted state police for assistance with locating 35-year-old Alan Donoway, who was wanted and believed to be in the Philipsburg area. He was located in the 500 block of North Seventh Street and housed in the Centre County Correctional Facility to await an extradition hearing.
- State police received a report about a retail theft that occurred Tuesday at Weis Market in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a juvenile allegedly stole merchandise from the store. Charges were filed through the district court.
State police at Ridgway
- State police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Monday at Wal-Mart in St. Marys. During the incident, a 42-year-old St. Marys woman allegedly removed $57.46 worth of merchandise without paying for it. Charges were filed through the district court.
- State police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Tuesday at Wal-Mart in Fox Township. During the incident, a known 47-year-old Ridgway woman allegedly entered the store and attempted to remove a Kodak printer ink cartridge valued at $32.97.
- Police reported that a loose dog was located along South Second Street, and it was brought to the police station. The owner was located and took custody of the dog.
- Police assisted Pennsylvania State Parole with locating a male along Daisy Street. He was taken into custody without incident.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a South Fourth Street resident. Upon arrival, police found the female was OK.
- Police responded to parking complaint along Nichols Street.
- Police reported that a Samsung cell phone was found on Route 879. It can be claimed by contacting Curwensville Borough police at 814-236-3858. Police noted that the phone has sustained considerable damage.
- Police were contacted by an out-of-state resident in regards to how to obtain their property from a local resident.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person on Thompson Street.
- Police responded to a minor vehicle accident at the intersection of Pine and State streets. No injuries were reported as a result.
- Police are investigating an act of arson at the social hall at the Grace Lutheran Church.
- Police received a report about a person allegedly trying to set fire to a garage in the area of State and Pine streets.
- Police are investigating a report about harassment at a Ridge Avenue address.
- Police received a report about a male pounding on a resident’s door in the 300 block of West Long Avenue. The resident didn’t know the male and thought he was possibly intoxicated. When police made contact with the male, he reportedly had a very strong odor of alcohol, blood shot eyes, slurred speech and a very staggered gait. Police cited the male for public drunkenness and released him to his father.
- Police received a report about a physical domestic in the 100 block of West Weber Avenue. According to police, a couple engaged in a verbal altercation, and the female locked the male outside. The male allegedly kicked in the door and started to physically harm the female. Police arrested the male, identified as Joshua R. Bennett, on charges of simple assault and harassment. He was transported to county jail for arraignment.