State police at Philipsburg
- State police responded to a DUI crash that occurred Jan. 16 on the Tyrone Pike in Rush Township. It remains under investigation at this time.
- State police reported on a fleeing/eluding incident that occurred on Friday on Coaldale Road in Rush Township. According to state police, a juvenile was driving an all-terrain vehicle on the highway with a juvenile female passenger. Police attempted to conduct a stop; however, the juvenile sped away. He drove under a gate, and state police terminated their pursuit. However, state police were able to locate the juvenile later and he allegedly confessed to the crime. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- State police received a report about a Protection from Abuse order violation that occurred on North Seventh Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 35-year-old Salisbury, Md., man allegedly showed up at the victim’s residence Saturday and remained there until Sunday while under an active PFA issued by Clearfield County Court. He was taken into custody for the violation with his bail being set at $10,000, which he was unable to post. The man was housed in the Centre County Jail.
- State police received a report about a retail theft that occurred Sunday at Lykens Market in Port Matilda Borough. During the incident, an Easton teen allegedly removed two cell phone chargers and a set of ear buds. He took them into the restroom, where he removed them from their packaging and concealed them in his sweatshirt pocket. Charges were filed through the district court.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about a simple assault that occurred Jan. 24 at a Butler Cemetery Road residence in Pine Creek Township. According to state police, a Brookville couple was involved in a domestic dispute that turned physical. State police say both the man and woman sustained injuries. During the dispute, the Brookville man allegedly shoved and knocked down a 24-year-old woman while she was holding a three-year-old child. Charges have been filed against the Brookville couple – a 32-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman – through the district court.
State police at Ridgway
- State police received a report about a retail theft that occurred between Nov. 28 and Jan. 10 at Wal-Mart. Between the dates, a Johnsonburg male and female entered the store and removed various food items, totaling $227.72.
- Police encountered a juvenile female who was reportedly under the influence of alcohol in the area of East Market Street. She was released to her mother.
- Police responded to an alarm at Grice Gun Shop. It was determined to be accidental in nature.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with a combative patient. They were taken into custody by police and to the hospital. The patient was released after receiving treatment.
- Police received a report about a young child who was walking on the roadway near South Fifth and East Cherry streets. Police say that a passerby put the child in her vehicle to keep her warm. The child’s father was located and the child was evaluated by emergency personnel. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police received a parking complaint on Nichols Street.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with the service of a search warrant.
- Police responded to a report about suspicious activity at a Witmer Street address. Two people were located inside the residence, and police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a theft at Pantry Petroleum on Bigler Avenue. During the incident, an unknown male allegedly entered the store and removed money from the cash register. Then, the male fled. Anyone with information is asked to contact Clearfield Borough police at 814-765-1533.
- Police encountered a male who was reportedly under the influence of alcohol. He was also found to have active warrants through Pennsylvania State Parole. The male was taken into custody and placed in the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police received a report about a vehicle with a loud exhaust in the area of South Third Street. The vehicle had left the area before police arrival.
- Police responded to a vehicle-pedestrian accident. According to the report, a vehicle struck a pedestrian near North Second Street. The pedestrian was found to be OK and did not require medical treatment. The vehicle was not located by police.
- Police arrested a male for public drunkenness after he was located on South Second Street and unable to communicate with police. He was subsequently transported to the Clearfield County Jail.
- Residents are reminded to be aware of scam phone calls, especially with tax season approaching.
- On Saturday police arrested a local male for aggravated assault on a police officer at a Montgomery Run Road residence in Lawrence Township. An officer was allegedly injured from an exposed needle while conducting a search of the male.
- Police received a report from Children & Youth Services about a nine-month old child who tested positive for “cocaine” and “amphetamines” when she was being evaluated due to sickness. Upon an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was obtained for Lawrence Township and Clearfield Borough police and Pennsylvania State Police with a K9 to search a Montgomery Run Road residence in Lawrence Township. The search allegedly turned up drugs and paraphernalia, prohibited offensive weapons and other items. Police say various individuals were at the residence at the time of its search and taken to the Clearfield County Jail on other charges. The homeowner was also taken to CCJ on charges; however, police noted additional charges will follow as part of the investigation.
- Police received a report about domestic/harassment Saturday on Park Avenue Extension in Lawrence Township. A 40-year-old woman told police she’d been struck by a 29-year-old man and she wanted to leave the residence. She was able to leave with assistance from family members. Police say a summary harassment offense is pending on the male.
- Police responded to a domestic dispute Saturday on Palmer Street in Lawrence Township. According to police, a male and female were reportedly engaged in a dispute inside a parked vehicle. When police made contact, the couple indicated their dispute was only verbal. Summary citations are pending on the female driver for other offenses discovered during the investigation.
- Police reported on a drug incident that occurred Saturday on Montgomery Run Road in Lawrence Township. Local authorities conducted a search warrant on a residence. As a result, additional information was obtained and a secondary search warrant was conducted there. A multitude of items allegedly related to the illicit use of narcotics were located, and charges will be filed upon completion of the investigation.
- On Sunday police received a report about two people who were passed out and slumped over in a vehicle in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Lawrence Township. Upon arrival, police found that a 21-year-old Clearfield woman and a 24-year-old Ridgway man had allegedly been “huffing” from an aerosol can.” Police say the male was treated at the scene by emergency personnel while the female was taken to the hospital. She was later released to a family member. Both were charged for their involvement in the incident.
- Police received a report about a burglary alarm on Hoover Avenue. Upon arrival, police found the building was secured.
- Police received a report about a male stealing a six-pack of beer at Sheetz and concealing it in his jacket. Police say he later reentered the store while police were there and he was “obviously intoxicated.” He was cited for the theft and advised he wasn’t any longer permitted at Sheetz. Police escorted him from the store.
- Police received a report about a residential alarm in the 200 block of South Brady Street. Upon arrival, police found the residence was secured. Police notified the resident who was unable to respond; no further action was necessary.
- While on routine patrol, police conducted a traffic stop on a Jeep Cherokee. When contact was made, police could smell the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. During a search of the vehicle, police allegedly found a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police were dispatched to a report about a business alarm in the 100 block of South Brady Street. Upon arrival, police observed smoke inside the business. Police say it was determined that the smoke was caused by a malfunction with the heater.
- While on routine patrol, police witnessed a male who was reportedly having trouble walking. Upon making contact, police determined that he was intoxicated. He was arrested for public drunkenness and released to a relative.