State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief/trespassing Thursday on Walnut Street in Rush Township. During the incident, a Philipsburg teen arrived and allegedly damaged the window screen of the residence with a blunt object. He was not welcome and attempting to gain the residents’ attention from the window. He was located a short distance away on foot. The teen was cited for the incident through the district court.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about cruelty to animals Jan. 14 on Schrock Lane in Gaskill Township. According to state police, a male let his dogs out of his barn to roam his property. A known male was hunting when the dogs ran towards him while growling. Because he felt threatened, state police say he shot the two dogs, killing one and injuring the other. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
State police at Ridgway
- State police reported on a drug violation/retail theft that occurred Monday at the Dollar General in Fox Township. During the incident, a 21-year-old Penfield man allegedly stole air sanitizer, a marvel finger spinner, deodorant, air freshener and nail polish valued at $11.82. Upon further investigation, state police say he was found in possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- Police received a report about a dog that was barking continuously in the 300 block of Daisy Street. Upon arrival in the area, police didn’t hear the dog.
- Police assisted with fingerprinting a male for employment purposes in the medical field.
- Police conducted a traffic stop along U.S. Route 322 and determined the occupants had been smoking an illegal substance. As a result, a male was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence and having drug paraphernalia.
- Police made contact with occupants of a vehicle along North Third Street. Police allegedly located alcohol inside the vehicle that was being operated by an underage female.
- Police responded to a minor accident on East Cherry Street. No injuries and minor damage were reported to police.
- Police received a report about a dispute between a male and female on East Pine Street. When police arrived at the scene, it was determined to be verbal only. Both agreed to cease contact with each other.
- Police reported on an incident of DUI that occurred Thursday on Supercenter Drive in Lawrence Township. According to police, a male was to be passed out and slumped over the steering wheel of a vehicle at Wal-Mart. When police made contact with him, it was learned he was under the influence of a controlled substance. He was arrested for allegedly driving while under the influence and for having drugs and paraphernalia. Charges are currently pending blood test results.
- Sheriff deputies were assisted with a mental health patient.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct at the Fuel-On in Curwensville. It was resolved by police.
- Police received a report about vehicles blocking the roadway on Griffith Avenue. Plow drivers were unable to plow snow as a result
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications at a Filbert Street address.
- Police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on Bloomington Avenue.
- Police were notified about a vehicle being repossessed at Ridgeview Elder Care.
- Police resolved a complaint from a Susquehanna Avenue resident.
- Police received a report about trespassing at a Center and Muller Street address. Police say it resulted in debris on the roadway, which was removed. Police located the persons responsible.
- Police received a report about an alleged retail theft at the Dollar General in Curwensville.
- Emergency personnel were assisted with a patient on Bloomington Avenue.
- Police received a report about a retail theft in progress at the Dollar General in Curwensville. After speaking with police, the store manager decided to give the person a warning.
- Police were requested to check a person’s welfare on Bailey Road. Police say the person was locked in and a care aide was unable to get inside. Police resolved the matter.
- Police received a report about possible drugs found in a State Street establishment. It remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about gunshots fired at a Curwensville residence. Upon arrival, police gained access and transported the wounded person to the hospital.
- Police received a report about a possible run away juvenile. There was a search for the juvenile who returned to his residence on his own.
- Police received a report about trespassing on borough property.