CLEARFIELD – Tax-Aide sites will be available in Clearfield County in 2018.
Individuals are requested to please call each site’s listed telephone number to make an appointment.
Individuals should leave their name and phone number, and their call will be returned as soon as possible.
Also, individuals are requested to refrain from repeated calls back. Tax-aide volunteers will return calls.
- West Side United Methodist Church, 317 Nichols St., Clearfield; Feb. 7-April 17 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Phone: 814-765-2691. Leave a message and please do not call the church.
- CMA Church, 803 Susquehanna Ave., Curwensville; Feb. 12-April 16, on Mondays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Phone: 814-765-2691; Leave a message and please do not call the church.
- Mahaffey Center for Active Living, 958 Market St., Mahaffey; Feb. 28, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Phone: 814-277-4544; Contact the center for an appointment.
- Coalport Center for Active Living, 850 R. Main St., Coalport; March 2, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Phone: 814-672-3574; Contact the center for an appointment.
- Kylertown and Karthaus area; Gethsemane United Methodist Church, 369 Allport Cut-off, Kylertown; March 29, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Phone: 814-345-6338. Contact the center for an appointment.
If Clearfield or Curwensville schools are closed due to weather, Tax-Aide sites will also be closed. Please do not call in; a volunteer will call to reschedule appointments.
Please bring the Medicare cards, photo identification cards, Social Security cards, etc., of all persons in your household, current tax records, and a copy of last year’s income tax return to the Tax-Aide site.
Individuals also need to have a copy of their 2017 property taxes. If you had your taxes done last year, bring your entire tax packet with you. If you purchased any energy assistance items, such as windows, insulation, refrigerator, stove, furnace, etc., last year, bring your receipts.
Remember, anyone who has earned over $35 of taxable income in 2017 must file a Pennsylvania State Income Tax form. Anyone on Affordable Care Insurance is required to file Federal and State taxes.
For more information, contact the Clearfield County Area Agency on Aging Inc. at 814-765-2696 or 1-800-225-8571.