State police at Philipsburg
- On Monday state police received a Nuvi GPS and a Turnpike Pass that was found in Osceola Mills Borough. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Jan. 16 at a Hill Street residence in Westover Borough. During the incident, a female allegedly struck her fiancé with a Kool-Aid pitcher in the head. State police say he shoved her into the wall and kitchen table, and she is pregnant. Both were charged for the incident through the district court.
- Police received a report about an alleged theft from a motor vehicle in the 500 block of Daisy Street that occurred overnight. Residents are reminded to lock their vehicles if they are being left unattended.
- Police received a report about vandalism that occurred at the Clearfield Riverwalk. During the incident, someone allegedly removed a stone from the wall.
- Police assisted with a disabled vehicle on state Route 879.
- Police assisted the Alleghany County Sheriff’s Department with serving arrest warrants. Two people were taken into custody and transported to the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police investigated a report about an attempted break-in at a Merrill Street residence. Police did not locate anyone in the area, and the caller was not in town.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run at approximately 5:41 a.m. on North Second Street. According to police, the suspect vehicle struck a parked vehicle and continued traveling northbound. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Clearfield Borough police.
- On Friday a 41-year-old Hanes Drive woman reported that her dogs were barking at the door. When she looked out, there were fresh footprints in the snow. Officers checked the area but could not locate the individual.
- On Friday a vehicle driven by a 72-year-old Mount Jewett woman attempted to turn left out of the DuBois Mall. Police say that the intersection is marked with “No Left Turn.” The woman failed to see a vehicle driven by a 54-year-old Hanes Drive woman, causing a collision. Both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- On Friday police reported that a tractor-trailer was pulling out of a space at Domtar and brushed against another tractor-trailer that was parked there. No injuries were reported in the mishap.
- On Saturday police received a report about a male who was possibly passed out in a vehicle parked at the Commons. Prior to police arrival, a female showed up at the vehicle, and it appeared the man had just been sleeping. Then, they left the scene.
- On Saturday a West Liberty man reported that a 64-year-old neighbor was plowing snow onto another neighbor’s property.
- On Saturday police received a report about an older woman who was taking clothes from the Goodwill drop box at DuBois Mall.
- On Sunday a 16-year-old Brookville girl drove off the right side of the roadway and down over an embankment onto a private driveway along Behringer Highway. The vehicle was towed from a snow obstruction, and driven from the scene. No injuries were reported to police.