CLEARFIELD – The Clearfield school board held its reorganizational meeting Monday night in the library at the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School.
Board member Tim Morgan was selected as temporary president. He administered the oath of office to Greg Clarke, Randy Pataky, Shawna Rothrock and Dr. Michael Spencer.
He also accepted nominations for the 2018 board president. The board proceeded to nominate and unanimously approve for Larry Putt to remain as the board’s president.
Putt presided over the remainder of the meeting. He accepted nominations for vice president, and the board proceeded to nominate and unanimously approve for Susan Mikesell to fill the position.
In other business, the board approved the Beard Legal Group as the district’s solicitor and Kayla Caragein as board secretary.
Board member Phil Carr was approved as the board’s Clearfield County Career & Technology Center representative with Pataky to serve as the alternate.
Putt was approved as the board’s Central Intermediate Unit No. 10 representative with Rothrock to serve as the alternate.
The board also approved its 2018 meeting schedule. All meetings will be held at 6 p.m. in the library at the CAJSHS.
The schedule is as follows:
- Jan. 15, workshop meeting
- Jan. 22, voting meeting
- Feb. 19, workshop meeting
- Feb. 26, voting meeting
- March 19, workshop meeting
- March 26, voting meeting
- April 16, workshop meeting
- April 23, voting meeting
- May 21, combined workshop/voting meeting
- June 18, workshop meeting
- June 25, voting meeting
- July 23, combined workshop/voting meeting
- Aug. 20, workshop meeting
- Aug. 27, voting meeting
- Sept. 17, workshop meeting
- Sept. 24, voting meeting
- Oct. 15, workshop meeting
- Oct. 22, voting meeting
- Nov. 19, combined workshop/voting meeting
- Dec. 3, reorganizational meeting