RIDGWAY – The Elk County Council on the Arts (ECCOTA), in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA), is pleased to announce the award of $37,754 in state grant funds through the Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) Program.
The awarded grants will support arts activities in Cameron, Clarion, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, McKean and Potter counties taking place between Sept. 1, 2017 and Aug. 31, 2018.
ECCOTA hosted a grant reception on Wednesday, Oct. 25 at the ECCOTA gallery in downtown Ridgway for the 2017-18 Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts Project Stream Grant recipients. Clarion County Commissioner, Wayne Brosius, attended to congratulate the county grantees.
2017-18 PPA Project Stream Grant Recipients:
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Services
- Bradford Ecumenical Home Chapel Ridge
- Cameron County Fireworks
- Coudersport Library
- Friends of Galeton Public Library
- Hamlin Memorial Library
- Mount Jewett Memorial Library
- Oil Region Alliance of Business, Industry and Tourism
- PA Great Outdoors Elk Expo
- Pennsylvania Lumber Museum Associates
- Pennsylvania Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship Inc.
- Porch Music Store
- Potter County Education Council
- Sinnemahone Ultra Trail Run
- Marys Area Elementary Music Club
- Taylor Diversion Programs
- The Pennsylvania State University, Coop. Ext., Elk and Cameron Counties
- United Way of Clarion County
- University of Pittsburgh at Bradford Arts Programming Department
What is the PPA?
Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) is a partnership between local organizations and the PCA. Now operating in all 67 counties in Pennsylvania, PPA re-grants funds to support a wide variety of local and community arts activities. Since its creation in 1996, PPA has demonstrated enormous success in achieving the PCA’s mission and goals.
ECCOTA’s goal is to enhance the lives of county residents and the various local arts by offering experiences in the arts, providing educational opportunity and advice, and by supporting performers, musicians, artists, artisans and writers. Learn more about ECCOTA at www.eccota.com.