DUBOIS – The software used for sewage billing made an error again that affected random customers in Sandy Township, according to Township Manager Dave Monella.
Some township customers were previously overcharged and subsequently given credit. But this time, some were undercharged, and they will see the difference on their bills in November.
“We’re very sorry for this inconvenience,” said Monella.
Also, the supervisors said that the new water and sewage fee schedule will remain tabled at this time.
In other business, work is continuing on the Elder Cottage ordinance. Sandy Township Solicitor Greg Kruk identified some issues, which involved:
- taxes on two, different houses that would be on the same lot;
- ownership of the cottage. It would be rented out and then placed on a second-party’s property to be lived in by a third party;
- what would occur if the cottage’s renter passes away;
- a renewal application; and
- sewer-related issues with the planned zone being mostly on septic.