MCCALMONT TOWNSHIP – A Punxsutawney teen has died from injuries she suffered as a result of a fire that occurred July 17 on Buck Run Road in McCalmont Township, said Punxsutawney-based state police.
According to the report, troopers responded to a reported house fire at 9:30 a.m. The teen had poured gas into a motor that ran the washing machine. Gas spilled onto the motor, causing the fire.
State police said the teen suffered severe burns to her body and was flown to UPMC Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh. On Wednesday she succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead at 2:45 p.m.
The teen’s cause of death was determined to be septic shock due to multiple wound infections from severe burns that she had suffered as a result of the fire, according to the report.