State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of simple assault and harassment that occurred Wednesday at the Crystal Clear Car Wash in Decatur Township. During the incident, a 27-year-old woman allegedly punched a 7-year-old male twice in the face. Charges will be filed through the district court, state police said.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with gaining entry into a Daisy Street residence due to an activated medical alarm.
- Police were dispatched to follow-up on a theft investigation on South Second Street. According to the report, police were able to make contact with the suspect who admitted to removing medication.
- Police responded to several reports about downed limbs and trees due to the weather conditions.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with a male who was allegedly attempting to break into a residence along Montgomery Run Road. He was apprehended by police.
- Police responded to the area of Nichols and West Front streets, where a traffic signal was not functioning properly. Police remained at the scene until the light was functional.
- Police received a report about lost keys in the area of Wal-Mart and The Dollar Tree.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of access device fraud at a local bank. It remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of theft from a local establishment. It remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a complaint regarding child custody issues. Police made a referral to the appropriate agencies.
- Police received a report about a wanted male who was currently at the county jail. Charges of arrest prior to requisition and fugitive from justice were filed, police said.
- Police received a report about lost property in the area of Turnpike Avenue and the Rockton Mountain Highway. It was located and returned to the owner.
- Police received and responded to numerous calls in regards to the windy conditions throughout the township.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment and disorderly conduct at the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School.
- Police received a report about a female who was being disorderly on Wrigley Street. It was listed as an unfounded report, police said.
- Police received a report about a “Say Yes” scam.
- Police received a report about a phone scam.
- Police received a report about a traffic hazard in the area of Route 879 at the Snappy’s Convenience Store due to a power outage.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment and stalking.
- Police responded to reports of several traffic hazards due to high winds in the area.
- Police located a suspicious vehicle parked at a business after hours.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person in the area of Montgomery Run Road. Police located the person and lodged them in county jail for public intoxication.
- On Monday a 68-year-old St. Mary’s woman hit a vehicle that was parked in the DuBois Nursing Home parking lot while she was leaving. No injuries were reported as a result, police said.
- Police received a report about a false alarm at a camp on Beers Road on Tuesday.
- Police received a report about a false alarm at Joann Fabrics on Tuesday.
- On Tuesday a 37-year-old Sligo man reported that while he was traveling on Route 830 towards Falls Creek, a vehicle pulled from the Sheetz parking lot, hitting his vehicle and causing moderate damage. He also told police that the vehicle stopped along the roadway, its driver exited, checked the damage on her vehicle and then left the scene. Police said the 16-year-old driver was later located at the high school, and officers handled the situation without incident.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment by communication. Police made contact with those involved about the messaging, and the investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about damage to a porch on South State Street. According to the report, a man known to the caller caused the damage. Police said it was decided to handle the matter through the civil process.
- Police received a report about a fight in progress in the area of East Long Avenue and South Church Street. Upon arrival police found they were arguing over household issues. Both separated for the night.