PHILIPSBURG – The Moshannon Valley Economic Development Partnership is dedicated to the goals of business retention, entrepreneurial development and business attraction.
MVEDP officials stated that a number of priorities for 2017 include:
- closing on the acquisition of the former Philipsburg Area Hospital site;
- securing a KOZ tax benefit extension for the unsold lots in the Regional Business Park;
- assisting existing businesses with their projects;
- closing on loans to Genna Ice for its acquisition of the Philipsburg Super Bowl;
- completing the Philipsburg/Rush Township housing rehabilitation project;
- ensuring a smooth transition for Diamondback Truck Covers, which is relocating out of the Enterprise Center and into its new 38,000-square foot manufacturing plant at the Regional Business Park;
- renewing leases with companies located within the Enterprise Center, such as the Drucker Company, which occupies 74,000-square foot of space;
- assisting American Home Patient with its expansion; and
- recruiting a business to replace the DuBois Business College.
The MVEDP plans to continue partnerships with elected officials, state agencies and other local organizations, such as the Philipsburg Revitalization Corp., to make projects happen in the Philipsburg/Moshannon Valley region.