State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of theft by unlawful taking that occurred Saturday on Oak Ridge Road in Knox Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole a 1984 Red Sterling trailer with black sides, and they were driving a maroon-colored pick-up truck. State police said the trailer had several items contained inside of it. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- State police received a report about a Megan’s Law violation Dec. 22 on Route 28 in Snyder Township. It involved an alleged violation by a 26-year-old Brockway man who wasn’t identified in the report. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred Friday at the Philipsburg-Osceola High School. During the incident, someone allegedly stole the victim’s cell phone from the male locker room. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- State police received a report about a Protection from Abuse (PFA) violation that occurred Dec. 25 at a Tuskovich Lane residence in Taylor Township. During the incident, a 45-year-old Tyrone man, David Waite, allegedly violated a no contact PFA that the victim had against him. He was arraigned and lodged in the Centre County Jail.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of burglary that occurred sometime between Jan. 3 and Saturday on Howe Road in Union Township. While the victim was away for a few days, someone allegedly entered the residence and removed several items. They entered the residence by the use of force, state police said. State police are continuing their investigation, and anyone with information is asked to contact the Punxsutawney barracks at 814-938-0510.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle on North Third Street near Zalno’s Jewelers. Tibbens towing was at the scene and removed the vehicle, police said.
- Police responded to Lita Lane after a person was bitten by a dog. Information was turned over to the dog law official, police said.
- Police responded to a 911 hang-up call on East 11th Street. It was found that a child dialed 911.
- Police received a report about a scam from a resident on Zimmerman Avenue. According to police, the resident had received a check and was advised to send a portion of it back.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment in which a female was allegedly receiving unwanted phone calls from an ex-boyfriend.
- Police responded to CVS Pharmacy, Clearfield, as a customer had left property at the store and they were unable to return it to them.
- Police assisted Clearfield-Jefferson Mental Health personnel with a patient on South Fourth Street.
- Police had a male turn himself in who had multiple warrants out for his arrest. He was then taken to the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police responded to an alarm at a local business and determined that cleaning personnel had accidentally set it off.
- Police located a male and female who were allegedly highly intoxicated and stumbling down North Third Street. Both were arrested for public drunkenness as a result.
- Police received a report that there had been a male in CVS Pharmacy, Clearfield, who was allegedly trespassing at the store.
- Police assisted the fire department with a structure fire on East Pine Street. Firefighters were able to extinguish it with minimal damage, police said.
- Police responded to a report about a domestic dispute on Cemetery Road. Upon arrival police learned that a male and female were in an argument, and he was attempting to leave and wanted to take children. Police spoke with both parties about their actions.
- Police received a report about possible child abuse in the area of Summit Street.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run that occurred on Fullerton Street. According to police, a cream-colored vehicle pulled out from Riverview Road and struck a vehicle traveling on Fullerton Street. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run that possibly occurred at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.
- Police assisted a motorist at a local hotel along the Clearfield-Shawville Highway.
- Police received a report about alleged ongoing criminal mischief in the area of High Street. Upon arrival police obtained surveillance of two male juveniles and one female juvenile. Police said the case is currently pending.
- Police assisted a motorist with a lockout on Washington Avenue.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle in the area of Hall Street.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person in the area of Nelson Road. Upon arrival police checked the area but didn’t make contact with anyone.
- Police received a report about a combative male patient at the Mountain Laurel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. However, police were cancelled prior to arrival, as the male did calm down and leave with emergency personnel without incident.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted with two people who were allegedly under the influence of drugs and or alcohol in the area of North Third Street.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person in the area of Mount Joy Road.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of criminal mischief in the area of Flegal Road. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police responded to an alarm at a local business in the area of Daisy Street Extension. Upon arrival police determined it was accidental.
- Police responded to a psychological emergency at the Economy Inn.
- On Thursday police were dispatched for an incident of criminal mischief that occurred at a West Scribner Avenue address. Upon arrival police spoke with a male victim who stated that his ex-girlfriend had entered the apartment to gather her belongings while he was away. She allegedly caused damage to multiple items before leaving.
- On Thursday police located a male, William Bell II, who had a warrant through state parole. He went inside a residence on Morrison Street. When police were let inside, Bell was located in the basement trying to hide from them. He was ordered to come out and when he did, he allegedly charged at police. Bell was taken into custody after a scuffle, police said, and later released to state parole; charges are currently pending at this time.
- On Thursday police were dispatched to an incident of harassment that occurred on Liberty Boulevard. Upon arrival police found it involved an argument between co-workers.
- While on patrol Thursday, police witnessed an accident that occurred on East Scribner Avenue. According to the report, a Lincoln struck the rear of a Honda that was parked along the curb. Police said the driver of the Lincoln didn’t have a valid driver’s license, their inspection was expired and they didn’t have any insurance. Police cited both the driver and the vehicle’s owner as a result.
- On Friday a 19-year-old DuBois woman lost control of her vehicle on Platt Road, causing it to hit a guiderail and become stuck on it. No injuries were reported as a result, police said.
- On Friday a 24-year-old DuBois woman reported that a known 31-year-old Dubois man was harassing her via phone and in person. Officers eventually were able to contact the man and handled the situation without incident.
- On Friday a 38-year-old Reynoldsville woman reported accidentally leaving her medication at the Wal-Mart self-checkout and when she returned, it was gone.
- On Saturday a 64-year-old Silverwoods resident reported someone knocking on her back door. Officers searched the area and could not find evidence of anyone there.
- Police reported a false alarm at FedEx on Sunday.