State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of simple assault that occurred Wednesday on Mink Road in Morris Township. During the incident, a 27-year-old Hawk Run man, Matthew Mills, allegedly assaulted the victim after an argument over a cell phone. He choked the victim to the point that she blacked out, state police said. Mills has not been located at this time, and there is an active warrant for his arrest.
State police at DuBois
- State police have initiated an investigation into an alleged sexting case that occurred in August in Falls Creek Borough. It involved a 14-year-old female victim, a 16-year-old male victim/suspect and a female victim/suspect (unknown age), state police said. No further information was provided in the report.
- State police are investigating an alleged incident of indecent assault that occurred Dec. 9, 2012 in Brady Township. It involved a male victim who was 12 years old at the time and a male who was 13 years old at the time, state police said. No further information was provided in the report.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Sept. 28 at the Dollar General Store in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a Philipsburg man allegedly entered the store and placed three Slim Jim meat snacks and one bag of skittles in his pants before leaving without paying for them. Charges were filed against him through the district court, state police said.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Tuesday on Philips Drive in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, two juvenile males were allegedly engaged in a physical fight at the Philipsburg-Osceola High School. Both were cited through the district court, state police said.
- Police were notified by Decatur Township police about a male with an active warrant; his warrant was through the Clearfield Police Department. He was allegedly found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia and transported to the jail on a probation violation.
- Police were called to West Front Street for an alleged assault. Upon arrival to the scene, police were told that a male had been advised to leave the residence and refused to do so. The owner proceeded to remove the male, police said in the report.
- Police were called to Patterson Street for a report about a loose dog in the area. Police were then cancelled, as its owner had been located.
- Police located an open door to a business while conducting security checks. The owner was notified and secured the business, police said.
- Police received a report about a civil dispute from a local business.
- Police received a report about a bad check from a local business.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of theft by deception in the area of Mount Joy Road.
- Police received a report about a traffic complaint that occurred on South Second Street.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of access device fraud.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person in the area of the Clearfield-Shawville Highway.
- Police assisted emergency personnel at the Mountain Laurel Nursing Home & Rehabilitation Center.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute on Park Avenue Extension. It was found to be verbal in nature, and the male fled the scene, police said.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a Massachusetts female at a local hotel. She was found to be OK, police said.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a male in Kerr Addition. He was found to be OK, police said.
- Police received a report about a vehicle repossession in the area of Clarendon Avenue.
- Police received a report about a missing juvenile in the area of Turnpike Avenue.
- On Saturday a Home Camp Road resident reported to police that someone had taken her mailbox.
- On Saturday a 42-year-old Treasure Lake man reported that a man had called him, claiming to be from the IRS and stating he had taxes due. However, the man recognized the call as a scam, police said.
- On Saturday a 56-year-old Greenwood Road man reported a red jeep continues to trespass on his property. It remains under investigation at this time, police said.
- On Sunday a 25-year-old South Main Street woman reported that her estranged boyfriend had broken into her home and verbally and physically assaulted her. The 30-year-old Punxsutawney man was arrested for the incident, police said.
- On Sunday a 31-year-old DuBois woman swerved to miss traffic stopped on Route 255, causing her van to hit a guardrail. No injuries and minor damage were reported, police said in the report.
- On Monday a 28-year-old DuBois man reported that while his vehicle was parked at Wal-Mart, someone hit and damaged it.
- On Monday a vehicle driven by a 32-year-old DuBois woman attempted to turn into the Burger King parking lot from the Bee Line Highway. It entered into the path of a vehicle driven by a 21-year-old DuBois woman, causing a collision. No injuries and moderate damage were reported, police said.