State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Sept. 27 on North 13th and East Spruce streets in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, two juvenile males allegedly struck the victim in the face. Charges were filed through the district court as a result, state police said.
- State police received a report about an incident of theft from a motor vehicle that occurred Sept. 21 in the parking lot of the Geisinger Medical Center in Rush Township. During the incident, someone allegedly entered the victim’s locked 2006 Dodge Van when its windows were partially down and removed a Thirty-one wallet, a substantial amount of U.S. Currency and a Nikon digital camera. The total value of the stolen items is $2,420, state police said. State police are continuing their investigation, and anyone with information is asked to call the Philipsburg barracks at 814-342-3370.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police responded to a single-vehicle accident that occurred on state Route 310 in Young Township, Jefferson County. The driver of the vehicle, Christopher M. Byrne Jr., lost control of his vehicle and struck an embankment. His vehicle subsequently overturned. Byrne and a passenger were transported to Penn Highlands DuBois for treatment of minor injuries.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of theft by unlawful taking in Hyde.
- Police received a report about an IRS phone scam from a resident on Wrigley Street.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity on 21st
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications in the area of Dorey Street Extension. It was resolved without charges, police said in the report.
- Police are investigating the alleged theft of a cell phone in the area of Bloom Road.
- Police responded to an alarm at Tractor Supply.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of disorderly conduct in the area of Montgomery Run Road.
- Police responded to a single-vehicle accident on Bailey Settlement Highway. The driver of the vehicle fled the scene, police said, and the investigation is continuing.
- Police received a report about a parking complaint on Race Street.