During National Preparedness Month in September, the American Red Cross encourages eligible donors to give blood to help ensure a readily available blood supply for emergencies.
Whether blood is needed for a chronic condition such as sickle cell disease, a routine surgery, a traumatic accident or a large-scale emergency, it’s the blood already on the shelves that helps save lives. Donors of all blood types are needed.
Donations decline around summer holidays like Labor Day. To thank those who come out to give Sept. 2-6, the Red Cross is providing a branded duffel bag, while supplies last.
Donors are encouraged to make appointments and complete the RapidPass online health history questionnaire at redcrossblood.org/rapidpass to help reduce wait times.
- 9/7/2016: 1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., First Church of God, 525 Swoope St., P.O. Box 32
- 9/2/2016: 12 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., American Red Cross Clearfield, 438 W. Front St.
- 9/12/2016: 12:30 p.m. – 6 p.m., Knights of Columbus, Sixth and Arnold streets
- 9/9/2016: 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Penn Highlands DuBois, 100 Hospital Ave.
- 9/12/2016: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m., Moshannon Valley Elementary School, 5026 Green Acre Rd.
- 9/1/2016: 1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Lanse Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1167 Maple St.