State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of corruption of minors that occurred May 28 on Church Street in Morris Township. During the incident, a known suspect allegedly provided a 13-year-old female with marijuana to smoke.
- State police received a report about an alleged incident of indecent assault that occurred May 13 at the State Correctional Institution at Houtzdale in Woodward Township. An inmate reported he was sexually assaulted by a corrections officer during a routine pat search. The pat search was conducted due to the inmate failing to return his plasticware after breakfast, state police said. Upon investigation state police determined the CO followed the correct procedure and didn’t sexually assault or harass the inmate.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about an alleged sexual assault that occurred Wednesday on East Presqueisle Street in Philipsburg Borough. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- On Monday a Tyrone man was riding an off-road motorcycle on the Sandy Ridge Trail in Rush Township. His girlfriend and juvenile son were on their respective all-terrain vehicles. Upon investigation state police found that none were properly registered or insured. Additionally, the man was allegedly smoking marijuana in front of his son and had a small smoking pipe and an amount of marijuana on him. He was subsequently charged for the incident; his girlfriend had a suspended license and will be charged with numerous summary traffic violations.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of burglary that occurred Wednesday or Thursday on Route 36 in Bell Township. Further, someone allegedly entered Ground Hog Lube and Oil in Punxsutawney and took $1,000 in cash. State police are continuing their investigation, and anyone with information is asked to contact 814-938-0510.
- Police responded to an alleged altercation along Daisy Street between two brothers. One male was arrested and transported to the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police are investigating an alleged theft that occurred along Turnpike Avenue.
- Police received a report from a resident that she had lost some property.
- Police were called to Lower Witmer Park for a group of people who were allegedly shooting items and people with BB guns. Police reported that charges will be filed on the actors involved in the incident.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with a seizure patient at a residence along East Pine Street.
- Police assisted members of the fire department with water rescues and traffic-related incidents due to the flooding in the area.
- Police received a report about a parking complaint on Supercenter Drive.
- Police received a report about a possible trespass at a residence on Maines Lane. It remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about damage that occurred to a vehicle in the Hyde area.
- Police received a report about damage that occurred to a vehicle in the Hillsdale area.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a local business. Upon arrival police found everything to be OK.
- Police received reports about multiple vehicles stuck in water due to excessive rain water.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle, non-reportable accident. It was referred to the appropriate agency, as it occurred in another jurisdiction.
- Police responded to the area of Good and Hannah streets for a report of a vehicle accident. It was non-reportable; no injuries were reported, police said.
- Police contacted a suspect about an incident of harassment by communications.
- Police received a traffic complaint that occurred on Lingle Street where a female was driving too fast for conditions.
- Police responded to Houtzdale for a report about a male who was allegedly harassing his neighbor. Police made contact with both parties and advised them to cease contact.
- Police responded to Christ the King Church for a verbal domestic altercation between a female and her boyfriend. The male was gone upon police arrival to the scene.
- On Wednesday police received reports of residents receiving phone calls from individuals claiming to be from the IRS. Police are issuing a reminder to not give any information to anyone over the phone, including someone claiming to be from the IRS. The IRS will not contact you by phone, police said. If they wish to contact you, police noted that it will be through mail.
- A 29-year-old DuBois woman was caught by Wal-Mart employees allegedly attempting to conceal $26.95 worth of merchandise and leave the store without paying for them Wednesday. Charges have been filed against her, police said. She was transported to county jail due to a probation violation.
- Wal-Mart employees caught a 31-year-old Leechburg woman allegedly attempting to take $92.46 worth of merchandise from the store without paying for it Wednesday. Charges are currently pending at this time, police said.
- A driver reported he was backing his tractor-trailer up in the Pilot parking lot, and hit another truck Thursday. Minor damage and no injuries were reported, police said.
- A 47-year-old Treasure Lake woman reported being harassed by her 46-year-old ex-husband Thursday. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- A vehicle driven by a 19-year-old Treasure Lake man pulled out of Kilmer Road into the path of a vehicle driven by a 19-year-old DuBois woman, causing her to swerve off the road to avoid a collision Thursday. No injuries were reported and both cars were driven from the scene, police said.
- A 37-year-old DuBois woman allegedly attempted to take items from Wal-Mart without paying for them Thursday. Charges are currently pending at this time, police said.