State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Tuesday on Birch Drive in McCalmont Township. During the incident, two people engaged in a verbal altercation that allegedly turned physical. Charges are currently pending against both through the district court, state police said.
- Police received a parking complaint along North Second Street.
- Police were notified about an animal complaint along Turnpike Avenue. Police found that someone was taking care of the animal.
- Police were called to Merrill Street for a male who was reportedly intoxicated. Upon arrival of police, he fled the area; however, police were able to apprehend him. The male showed signs of a possible overdose, police said, and emergency personnel were summoned to the scene. The male was subsequently transported to the hospital for treatment.
- Police arrested a male for public intoxication after he was allegedly observed staggering along U.S. Route 322 and determined to be highly intoxicated. He was transported to the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police unlocked a vehicle along Daisy Street after the owner had locked the keys inside of it.
- Police cited an individual after they issued a check that was returned due to insufficient funds.
- Police received a report about an ongoing issue involving unknown juveniles in the area of Center Street. Juveniles were allegedly observed shooting each other with a BB gun and also causing mischief at the caller’s property. Police plan to provide extra patrols in the area.
- Police located several minors Saturday in the South Side area. They told police they were walking to a friend’s house for the night. Police provided a verbal warning for a curfew violation.
- On Saturday police received a report about a resident who was not retrieving mail. Further, police found the resident had been injured and had gone out of town for treatment.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespassing Saturday at an Anderson Avenue property. The property owner requested that police give the offender a verbal warning.
- Police reported that a child was found in the area of Susquehanna Avenue and Ann Street on Sunday. The child, police said, was wearing only a diaper and shoes. Police located the parent who was responsible and contacted Children & Youth Services, which will develop a safety plan for the family. Police warned the parents if a similar incident occurs, they would be arrested as a result.
- Police arrested a Grampian resident for allegedly driving under the influence Sunday after a traffic stop on Route 879.
- Police responded to a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of Brisbin and Elizabeth streets in Houtzdale. No injuries were reported in the accident that occurred when a car crossed the centerline and impacted a pick-up truck.
- Police assisted a resident with locating a missing dog.
- Police received a report about a male who is driving under a suspended license.
- Police received a report about a bike that was located along Perks Street.
- Police responded to a psychological emergency.
- Police received a parking complaint that occurred along Hannah Street. Further, vehicles were parked in the wrong direction; the owners moved their vehicles upon request by police.