State police at Clearfield
- State police investigated a hit-and-run accident Sunday on Railroad Street in Coalport Borough. Further, a Mitsubishi Montero was traveling north in the right-hand lane; at the same time, a Chevrolet Silverado was traveling south in the opposite direction. The Silverado traveled into the Montero’s lane of travel, and the two vehicles collided, which caused minor damage to the driver’s side rear wheel fender area of the Montero. The operator of the Silverado regained control, then merged back onto Railroad Street and continued southbound without stopping at the scene. State police identified the operator of the Silverado, and he was located at his residence in Fallentimber. Charges will be filed through the district court as a result, state police said.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Monday on Filbert Street in Curwensville Borough. During the incident, two Curwensville residents allegedly engaged in a verbal argument that turned physical.
- State police are asking that anyone who recovers an iPad from the area of Windy Hill Village and Peebles Plaza to contact the Woodland barracks at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Saturday on Alexander Lane in Bigler Township. During the incident, the victim and a Madera man allegedly became involved in an argument that turned heated when he pushed the victim into her chair. The man was charged as a result of the incident, state police said.
- State police received a report about an incident of access device fraud that occurred sometime between Feb. 17 and March 14 on Banion Road in Bigler Township. During the incident, someone allegedly obtained the victim’s personal information and opened a credit card in her name. They allegedly made $3,600 worth of credit card transactions with it. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
State police at DuBois
- State police investigated an incident of DUI that occurred Friday on Lincoln Drive in Sandy Township. Further, a Reynoldsville man was stopped for several traffic violations and determined to allegedly be under the influence of alcohol. He was subsequently arrested for DUI and summary traffic charges, which are pending blood test results.
- State police investigated an incident of DUI that occurred Thursday on Shaffer Avenue in DuBois City. Further, a DuBois man was stopped for a traffic violation and determined to allegedly be under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested for DUI without incident, and charges will be filed through the district court.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred March 15 at Over the Mountain in Union Township. During the incident, two males were allegedly involved in a physical altercation. Prior to state police arrival, one male was requested to leave the bar. The victim, however, refused to cooperate with an investigation and declined charges.
State police at Philipsburg
- On March 15 a firearm and holster were found in a wooded area near Barry Street in Rush Township. State police made contact with the owner of the firearm. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- On March 15 a Nanty Glo man allegedly sent the victim numerous text messages in violation of an active Protection from Abuse order. A warrant was obtained from the magistrate, and the man was taken into custody by PSP Ebensburg on Thursday. He was taken to the Centre County Courthouse and arraigned with his bail being set at $15,000 pending a hearing April 12. He was unable to post bail and lodged in county prison.
- State police received a report about an incident of theft by unlawful taking that occurred March 14 on East Pine Street in Philipsburg Borough. The victim alleged to state police that they left their prescription medication at the suspect’s residence, and he refused to return it to her. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a known female who was in Silver Screen and who allegedly attempted to take several movies without paying for them. Further, police made contact with the female and also allegedly found that she was under the influence. Police subsequently arrested the female for the incident.
- Police responded to East Pine Street for an alleged burglary incident. Further, police spoke with the victim, and the investigation continues at this time.
- Police responded to the parking lot on East Cherry Street, behind Laurel Eye Clinic, for a hit-and-run accident. Police were able to locate the other operator and found that the damage to both vehicles was minor.
- Police were dispatched to Penn Highlands Clearfield Hospital for a female who was in the hospital while allegedly under the influence and with two small children. Upon arrival police spoke with the female who was attempting to leave with her children. The female was allegedly causing a disturbance and warned several times about her actions, police said. Police subsequently arrested the female for her conduct.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with an overdose patient. Emergency personnel were able to take the patient to the hospital without any problems.
- Police received a complaint about a disturbance in the area of North Third Street. Upon arrival police spoke with a group of teens about their conduct.
- Police assisted local fire departments with a brush fire in the area above Hollow and Flood roads.
- Police received a report about an alleged contraband incident at the county jail. It remains under investigation at this time, police said.
- Police responded to a vehicle accident in the parking lot of the Snappy’s Convenience Store.
- Police received a report about an alleged drug violation at Sapp Bros.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted with an incident involving a suspicious person who left on foot.
- Police received a report about a reckless driver on Route 879 near River Road.
- Police responded to an alleged burglary in the Flegal Road area. It remains under investigation at this time, police said.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of theft that occurred along Industrial Park Road.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted with a vehicle pursuit along South Second Street.
- Police received a report about a noise complaint on Fletcher Road.
- Police received a report about an alarm at the Discovery House.
- Police received a report about a possible theft from a hotel. When police found the item, they determined it wasn’t stolen.
- Police received a report about a wallet that was allegedly stolen at a local store.
- Police received a report about an alarm at Big Lots.
- Police responded to an intentional overdose at the Edgewood Apartments.
- Police responded to an activated alarm at the Kwik Fill on Daisy Street Extension.
- Police responded to an alleged domestic dispute on Park Avenue Extension. Charges are currently pending, police said.
- Police cleared a traffic hazard on Route 879.
- On Friday police responded to Fox’s Pizza after a vehicle crashed into the building. Further, the operator of a Ford Ranger was attempting to go around another vehicle that was backing out of a parking space. He attempted to apply the brakes but hit his accelerator, and it caused his truck to jump the curb and crash into the building. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident, and police assisted with the exchange of information between the operator and business owner.
- Police were dispatched for two people who were allegedly trespassing Friday in the 100 block of Spring Avenue. Upon arrival they agreed to leave the property, police said.
- On Friday police were dispatched to the 200 block of East Weber Avenue for several children who were allegedly playing unattended in the caller’s yard. Police made contact with their father and advised him of the neighbor’s concern for their safety.
- Police were dispatched to the area of the Sandy Bridge on Friday, where a male had been stopped by township police and determined to be wanted by city police. He was taken into custody on the warrant and transported to county jail.
- On Saturday police stopped a Chevrolet Cobalt after its operator committed traffic violations on South Jared Street. The male operator was suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, police said. Police administered field sobriety testing, and the operator was taken into custody for DUI. Charges are currently pending blood test results.
- Police received a report about an alleged domestic dispute Saturday in the 400 block of South Avenue. The male who was involved left the residence prior to police arrival. He was located a short time later, and stated he was just walking to cool off. Police cleared the scene without further incident.
- On Saturday police assisted with a medical emergency on East Long Avenue.
- Police were dispatched for a retail theft at Martins Grocery Store on Saturday. Police made contact with a male who had allegedly placed items inside his jacket and attempted to leave without paying. The male will be cited for retail theft, police said.
- On Sunday police were dispatched to the Giant Eagle parking lot for suspicious activity. Police made contact with the four individuals who were described by the caller.
- On Sunday police were dispatched to the 400 block of South Church Street for a vehicle smashing into another one. It was then reported to be dragging it down the alley. Police made contact with the juvenile driver who was attempting to move the vehicle from Knarr Street to the rear of a Pifer Street residence.