LAWRENCE TOWNSHIP – A worker was severely injured after being “electrocuted” Wednesday while working with fiber optic cables on a utility pole.
Lawrence Township police responded to Carbon Mine Road at 11:30 a.m. for a worker who was “electrocuted.” He was found lying in the woods near active/live wires.
Police said the electric current connected through the worker’s right hand. It went out through his left foot. Emergency personnel arrived on scene behind police.
The worker was immediately flown from Clearfield with “severe injuries,” according to police. Police said Penelec responded and completed the job.
Police also reported that the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School dismissed early due to the power outage that occurred in the township.