CLEARFIELD – Clearfield Borough is holding the line on taxes for another year.
At Thursday’s meeting, the Clearfield Borough Council adopted a resolution holding the taxes in the borough at 25 mills.
This means the owner of a $50,000 property would pay $312.5 in taxes to Clearfield Borough. Property owners in the borough must also pay taxes to Clearfield County and to the Clearfield Area School District.
The budget lists expenditures and revenues at $2,320,123, respectively
Expenditures are listed as follows:
- $879,081 for the police department
- $335,787 for wages and garage expenses for the street department
- $114,375 for the fire department
- $86,774 for the code department
- $104,081 for general highway maintenance
- $59,912 for highway cleaning
- $76,013 for snow removal
- $15,806 for highway traffic maintenance
- $60,000 for highway lighting
- $54,136 for highway repairs
- $21,273 for parks and recreation.
The budget expenses also include a $10,000 contribution to the Clearfield-Lawrence Joint Airport Authority, $500 to the Clearfield Arts Studio Theatre, $2,500 to the shade tree commission, $4,560 to the Shaw Public Library, $500 to the SPCA, $750 to Teen Court and $1,000 to the Clearfield Revitalization Corp.