PHILIPSBURG – The First Evangelical Lutheran Church is proud to be a chapter of Military Family Ministries (MFM). MFM reaches out to provide support and much-needed supplies to military members who are serving overseas.
Over the past month, members of the congregation have been reaching out to other individuals, businesses and organizations from the local area to help provide stockings and stuffers to be shipped in time for the Christmas season. With the support of the following organizations/businesses, church members were able to send more than 350 stockings.
- Philipsburg Class of 1969
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Philipsburg
- Cornerstone Community Fellowship Church of God, Wallaceton,
- Faith United Lutheran Church, Houtzdale
- Lee Industries, Philipsburg
- Pleasant Gap Lioness, Pleasant Gap
- Windy Hill
- Girl Scout Troop 40084
- Susan Harchak
- Members of the Moshannon Valley YMCA
Church members would like to give thanks to many individual citizens from around the Moshannon Valley who have generously donated stockings and funds for stocking stuffers and shipping.
In all, Military Family Ministries sent more than 4,000 stockings this year. “We are very proud to be part of this truly wonderful ministry,” stated Lisa Komidar, First Faith Lutheran Cooperative, treasurer.