DUBOIS – A fire caused around $10,000 worth of damage to the Sandy Club at 2:47 a.m. Sunday, according to Sandy Township Fire Chief John Hallowell.
According to Hallowell, the club was occupied with bar patrons at the time of the fire. Patrons noticed the fire, which was then reported by the bartender.
Firefighters were quickly able to extinguish the fire, which was contained to one room of the club. However, the club sustained smoke damage, said Hallowell.
Hallowell said the club was evacuated and there weren’t any injuries reported as a result of the fire. The club was insured, he said, adding it will also remain open for business.
“The crews did an excellent job in knocking down the fire in a rapid manner.” They were on the scene until 8:14 a.m. Sunday, said Hallowell.
Sandy Township police and the Pennsylvania State Police fire marshal are investigating the fire.