SPOTLIGHT ON GREENE COUNTY

BY SPENCER MYERS
Editor

Greene County was created in 1796 from part of Washington County and was named after General Nathanael Greene, who was a major general of the Continental Army during the American Revolution.

The region was formerly claimed by Virginia as part of the District of West Augusta but became part of Pennsylvania in 1780, when the Mason-Dixon Line was extended westward from Maryland.

read more

Read More (External Link to PABusinessCentral.com)

Greene County: An industrial crossroads among “pastoral splendor”
October DEP well permit report

Leave a Reply