State police at DuBois
- On Thursday a 16-year-old Reynoldsville boy was allegedly found in possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, as well as to be intoxicated while attending class at the Jefferson County-DuBois Area Vocational Technical School. He was subsequently arrested on drug-related charges.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment that occurred between Sept. 1 and Sept. 30 on North Fifth Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, known actors were allegedly harassing the victim. The incident remains under investigation at this time, state police said.
- State police received a report about an alleged theft that occurred sometime Sept. 27-30 on North Fifth Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, someone allegedly removed 45 pills that belonged to the victim.
- State police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment that occurred Thursday on Front Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, two males allegedly subjected each other to physical contact while in an altercation. Both were charged with harassment through the district court, state police said.
- On Wednesday a resident alleged she’d received eight letters from Bank of America, which stated all of her accounts with them were being closed. The woman told police that she does not have any accounts with BOA; when she tried to call the number provided on the letters they requested her social security number, which she refused to give. The letters, according to police, were found to be a scam.
- On Wednesday a 33-year-old DuBois man was attempting to make a turn into the Commons parking lot when he did not see a pole, causing him to hit it with his vehicle. Moderate damage and no injuries were reported, police said.
- A 22-year-old Reynoldsville man alleged that while at the Blinker Sheetz on Thursday, an unknown man approached him and tried to get him to fight. When he went to his vehicle the man allegedly approached him again and tried to open the door to start a fight with him. When the Reynoldsville man and his family left Sheetz the unknown man and two other people allegedly followed in their vehicle and confronted them again in Reynoldsville where another confrontation ensued, police said. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- A 19-year-old Mahaffey man was unable to stop in time to avoid hitting a vehicle driven by a 56-year-old Mahaffey man Thursday on Stanley Road. Moderate damage and no injuries were reported, police said.
- Police investigated an open line 911 hang-up call Thursday on Home Camp road. It was found to be a child playing with the phone, police said.
- A 50-year-old Lincoln Drive man reported that while he was jogging on Don Street a golden retriever became aggressive with him on Thursday.
- Police received a report about an alleged domestic dispute Thursday on Harper Road. Upon arrival officers spoke to a 19-year-old woman who was upset over her boyfriend moving out. Officers handled the situation without incident.