State police at Ridgway
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Wednesday or Thursday on Montmerenci Road in Ridgway Township. During the incident, someone allegedly punctured a tire on a 1998 Ford F-150 with an unknown object. Damage was reported at $180, state police said. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police responded to an accident that occurred in the area of River and High Level roads.
- Police received a report about motorists who failed to stop at the sign on Pleasant Lane.
- Police received a report about a deer on the roadway.
- Police received a report about an alleged theft. However, the caller later located the missing items, police said.
- Police received a report about an alleged assault that occurred at McDonald’s on Route 879.
- Police received a report about a burning violation on Robinson Avenue.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment by communications.
- Police have initiated an investigation into an alleged incident of sexual harassment.
- Police received a report about a loose dog on River Road.
- Police assisted Jefferson County Probation Wednesday in the 200 block of East Washington Avenue. While at the location to check someone on probation, there were allegedly drugs and drug paraphernalia; charges will be filed, police said.
- On Wednesday a DuBois man stopped abruptly in order to not hit a dog. When he did, it allegedly enraged the operator of the vehicle behind him, a 30-year-old DuBois man, who proceeded to follow him home. As a result, the two men allegedly engaged in an argument, and the latter man kicked his vehicle and dented it. Police will file charges against the man.
- On Wednesday a vehicle operated by a Falls Creek woman jumped the curb at the intersection of First Street and West DuBois Avenue. Her vehicle went airborne and landed in a yard before knocking over a gas pump at the Choice Store at the intersection. One person was injured as a result of the accident, police said; charges will be filed against the woman for the accident. Police were assisted at the scene by DuBois Fire and DuSan Amserv.
- A 58-year-old Chestnut Avenue man reported that while his vehicle was parked at Bimini Beach in Treasure Lake on Wednesday, someone impacted and caused minor damage to it.
- A 25-year-old Kilmer Road man lost control of his vehicle on Mountain Run Road after having a health issue. His vehicle crashed into a tree and an embankment before overturning onto its roof. No injuries were reported, and the vehicle was driven from the scene, police said.
- A Sabula Outing Club Road resident reported a barking dog in the area of Branadon Drive on Thursday.
- A 48-year-old DuBois woman will be charged with retail theft for allegedly attempting to leave Wal-Mart with $209.42 merchandise without paying for it.