RIDGWAY – With work continuing on the Pennsy Bridge replacement job in Ridgway, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is advising drivers of the potential for significant travel delays tomorrow as bridge beam delivery takes place.
Bridge beams will be traveling from Roaring Spring to Ridgway using numerous routes. Motorists could encounter slow-moving traffic along the following routes:
- Route 36 north, Roaring Spring to Altoona area in Blair County
- Route 22 west, Altoona to Route 1001 (Plank Road), Altoona
- Route 1001 north (Plank Road) to I-99 south, Altoona
- Route I-99 south to Route 22 west, Altoona
- Route 22 west, Altoona to Ebensburg area in Cambria County
- Route 219 north, Ebensburg area to McGees Mills in Clearfield County
- Route 36 north, McGees Mills to Punxsutawney in Jefferson County
- Route 119, north, Punxsutawney to DuBois area in Clearfield County
- Route 219 north, DuBois to Route 4019 (Dixon Avenue/Main Street) in DuBois
- Route 4019 (Dixon Avenue/Main Street) in DuBois to Route 219 north in DuBois
- Route 219 north in DuBois to I-80 east at the Falls Creek/97 interchange
- Route I-80 east to the Penfield/111 interchange in Clearfield County
- Route 153 north to Route 219 north in Elk County
- Route 219 north to Route 219 truck route near Ridgway
- Route 219 truck route to Route 120 in Ridgway
- Route 120 west to Route 1014(Osterhout Street) in Ridgway
These super-loads will be accompanied by Pennsylvania State Police and will travel during daylight hours, beginning as early as sunrise.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 770 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA Web site.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAStateCOLL.
Media Contact: Marla Fannin, Press Officer, 814-765-0423
# # #