State police at DuBois
- An incident of burglary occurred sometime between June 28 and July 18 on North Park Street in Winslow Township. During the incident, someone allegedly removed a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500; a Club Cadet Commercial Zero turn mower; three large tool boxes containing tools; an air compressor; a generator; a 1970 John Deere front-end loader; a battery charger; ¾ drive socket and ratchet set; spray paint guns; a battery grease gun; a rototiller; a self-propelled mower; two trays of fittings; two bottle jacks; a ¾ air impact wrench; a 2 ½ air impact wrench; two grinders; four drills; drill bits; new air sanders; two new spray guns; one new cut of wheel; a 12-inch adjustable crescent wrench; one new, five-ton come-along; and one pressure washer. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-3944.
- On June 30 Nadia Lashawn Knott failed to register under the requirements of Megan’s Law within three business days when she left Just for Jesus on June 27. A warrant has been issued for Knott’s arrest, state police said.
- An incident of furnishing alcohol to minors/underage drinking occurred Monday at a residence in Washington Township. During the incident, a known 18-year-old man allegedly provided alcohol to a known 18-year-old woman. Both allegedly consumed the alcohol, state police said.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of criminal trespass occurred Tuesday on North Ninth Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, someone allegedly damaged the lock to the front door and entered the victim’s residence. The incident remains under investigation at this time, and anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- An incident of DUI occurred Tuesday on West Side Road in Black Moshannon State Park in Rush Township. Further, a 49-year-old Morrisdale man was allegedly stopped for an expired inspection and arrested for DUI. Charges are currently pending blood test results, state police said.
- An incident of theft and receiving stolen property occurred sometime between July 1 and Monday on Adams Street in Rush Township. During the incident, someone allegedly removed a bicycle from the front yard at the victim’s residence. On Monday a 14-year-old boy was allegedly observed riding the victim’s bicycle at the skate/bike park, which was reported to state police. State police said the victim’s bicycle was recovered and returned to her. The incident remains under investigation at this time, state police said.
State police at Punxsutawney
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred July 15 on West Main Street in Mahaffey Borough. During the incident, the victim told state police that a dual-wheeled vehicle was traveling north and turning onto Route 219 when it rounded the curve too short. The vehicle entered onto the victim’s property and allegedly caused damaged to the yard and landscaping. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Punxsutawney at 814-938-0510.
- Police assisted emergency personnel at Sapp Bros.
- Police received a report about a civil issue.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of an individual in the Leonard Street area.
- Police received a traffic complaint that occurred on Route 879. However, police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- Police, along with Clearfield Borough police, responded to a traffic complaint that occurred on Route 322. Police were able to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle accident on the Clearfield – Curwensville Highway. No injuries were reported, and the vehicle was towed from the scene, police said.
- Police responded to a noise complaint in the Lawrence Avenue area. Police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police received a report about a stray dog in Hyde. The owner may contact the SPCA to claim the dog.
- Police received a report about a structure fire on Dorey Street Extension. The fire remains under investigation at this time, police said.
- Police were dispatched to an alleged disturbance Monday in the 700 block of West Long Avenue. Further, police found both parties had engaged in a verbal altercation that turned physical. Both parties separated and didn’t want to pursue charges, police said.
- Police were dispatched to an accident involving a pedestrian Monday at the intersection of West DuBois Avenue and DuBois Street. Upon arrival police found a 25-year-old man was crossing West DuBois Avenue when he was struck by a westbound vehicle. He was subsequently transported to the DuBois Penn Highlands Hospital and then flown to the Alleghany General Hospital for treatment. The accident remains under investigation at this time, police said. Police were assisted at the scene by DuBois and St. Marys emergency medical services and the DuBois City Fire Department.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment Monday in the 800 block of Liberty Boulevard. A shift manager at a business told police that two employees had become involved in a physical altercation. Police said the employees didn’t want to pursue charges, and the incident will be handled by the business.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident that occurred Tuesday at the intersection of North Brady Street and Scribner Avenue. Both vehicles sustained minor damage and the drivers exchanged the proper information; no injuries were reported as a result of the accident, police said.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle Tuesday at the John DuBois statue above the Penn State DuBois campus. Upon arrival police found it was occupied by an 18-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman. Upon further investigation, police determined they had consumed alcoholic beverages; both were subsequently arrested for underage drinking and released to the male’s father.
- Treasure Lake Security reported that a 32-year-old Virginia man missed a turn Monday and when he tried to back up his truck, it went over an embankment and got stuck on several rocks. No injuries were reported and the truck was towed from the scene, police said.
- On Monday a 26-year-old Ollie Lane woman alleged that her 28-year-old estranged boyfriend was harassing her via text and Facebook. When officers attempted to contact the man he refused to talk to them. The incident remains under investigation at this time, police said.
- A 28-year-old Atlantic Avenue man alleged that when he returned Tuesday there was an unknown male attempting to break into his house. The man who was approximately 6 feet tall and wearing jeans, a black T-shirt and a dark ball cap fled the scene. He was last seen running in the direction of Tipp Street with what appeared to be a crow bar, police said. Police checked the area and could not locate the offender. Anyone with information regarding this individual is asked to contact the Sandy Township Police Department by calling 814-765-1533.