DUBOIS – District Judge Patrick Ford of DuBois presided over preliminary hearings on Friday.
Charges against the following defendants have been withdrawn.
- Amy Farrell, no age or address provided, had been charged by the DuBois City police with assault and harassment.
- Thomas Farrell Jr., no age or address provided, had been charged by the DuBois City police with assault and harassment.
The following defendant entered guilty pleas.
- Christy Jordan Hays, 18, Brockway, pleaded guilty to theft by unlawful taking. Hays was ordered to pay $472.50 in fines and costs.
The case against the following defendant was continued.
- Dustin L. Douthit, 29, Reynoldsville, is charged by the DuBois City police with fleeing or attempting to elude police, reckless driving, driving at unsafe speeds, criminal mischief, and six summary traffic charges. A hearing is scheduled for July 2.
The following defendants have waived their rights to a preliminary hearing. Their cases will be sent to the Clearfield County Court of Common Pleas for further disposition.
- Jo Ellen Adkins, 49, West Portsmouth, Ohio, is charged by the DuBois City police with driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, driving while operating privilege is suspended or revoked, careless driving, and restrictions on alcoholic beverages. Bail was set at $5,000 unsecured.
- Benjamin Robert Reed, 26, Haverhill, Mass., is charged by the DuBois City police with terroristic threats, assault, stalking, harassment and disorderly conduct. Bail was set at $5,000 unsecured.
Bench warrants against the following defendant have been lifted.
- Donald Gearhart, Jr.