State police at Clearfield
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Tuesday or Wednesday on Dillon Road in Beccaria Township. Further, numerous mailboxes were allegedly smashed with a blunt object. The incident remains under investigation, and anyone with information is asked to contact state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An accident occurred Wednesday in the area of Route 153 and Third Level Road in Boggs Township. Further, a Huntingdon man was traveling south in the right-hand lane and attempting to negotiate a left-hand turn onto Third Level Road. At the same time, a vehicle operated by a 24-year-old Curwensville woman was approaching the man’s vehicle from behind; however, she failed to come to a complete stop and impacted the rear of his vehicle. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident, state police said.
- An accident occurred Monday on the Shawville-Frenchville Highway in Girard Township. Merlyn L. Maney of Frenchville was traveling east and negotiating a left-hand turn when his right front steering tire blew out. He attempted to negotiate the turn but was unsuccessful. His vehicle exited the roadway on the right side, broke through a snow bank and guiderail, traveled across the top of a stream culvert, partially up an embankment on the other side of the stream and overturned onto its right side. Afterward his vehicle slid back down the embankment into the edge of the stream. Maney sustained minor injuries in the accident; his vehicle was moderately damaged as a result, state police said.
State police at DuBois
- On Wednesday, state police were dispatched for an alleged vehicle violation on Sunflower Drive in Winslow Township. Upon arrival state police found a Jeep Cherokee stuck in a snow bank; its operator, a known 24-year-old man, was subsequently arrested on charges of DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. Charges are currently pending blood test results, state police said.
- An incident of DUI occurred Tuesday on the Rich Highway in Sandy Township. Further, a 52-year-old Brockway man was allegedly stopped for several traffic violations, at which time state police detected a strong odor of alcohol evident on his breath. He was subsequently arrested for DUI and other summary traffic offenses, which are pending blood test results, state police said.
- An accident occurred Monday on Interstate 80 westbound in Pine Township. Further, a vehicle operated by Leann R. Lawhead of Clearfield traveled off of the roadway onto the southern berm for unknown reasons. It subsequently traveled into some deep snow, which caused it to turn counterclockwise and overturn onto its passenger’s side. No injuries were reported as a result; Lawhead was cited for the accident, state police said.
- Police were dispatched to West Sixth Avenue for a female who was acting suspiciously. Upon arrival police allegedly found the female under the influence of drugs. She was also allegedly found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal substances. She was transported to the hospital for medical attention.
- Police were dispatched to North Fourth Street where a tube of grease had been crushed and caused a traffic hazard. Police responded to the scene and handled the hazard.
- Police were notified of a possible Megan’s Law violation. Police located the male at the residence he had provided and determined he was not in violation.
- Police were notified of an alleged theft where a son used his father’s credit card to make unauthorized purchases. The father refused to press charges on his son, police said.
- Police responded to West Front Street to assist a motorist who had locked their keys inside of their vehicle.
- Police responded to South Fourth Street for an alleged dispute between a male and female. Police arrived and handled the situation at the scene.
- Police arrested a male on assault charges after being dispatched to a Dorey Street residence. Further, the male allegedly assaulted and injured a 7-year-old child. The male was subsequently arrested and transported to the Clearfield County Jail, police said.
- Police arrested a male along Reed Street after a fight that allegedly occurred at a residence. The male was found to be on probation, police said. He was transported to the CCJ.
- Police assisted the fire department with a vehicle fire along Leavy Avenue.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a male who was walking along U.S. Route 322 east. Further, police found the male to be OK and on his way to the Budget Inn.
- Police received a report about an unknown female who was allegedly trespassing at a township residence. The incident remains under investigation at this time, police said.
- Police received a report about an alleged burglary from a township resident. The incident remains under investigation at this time, police said.
- Police were dispatched to the Lawrence Park Villages for reports about 911 hang-up calls. Upon arrival police found a child was playing with a cellular phone.
- A Grampian man was arrested for an alleged DUI incident after police conducted a traffic stop Saturday.
- A verbal domestic disturbance allegedly occurred at a Pine Street residence Tuesday.
- A warning was issued about scams occurring in the area. Callers are allegedly contacting residents and posing as relatives and requesting money be sent to them. Other callers are allegedly posing as IRS agents and requesting payments to avoid additional penalties, police said. Residents are advised to exercise caution and not to provide any personal information to unverified callers.