CLEARFIELD – Both the Clearfield County Salary Board and the Board of Commissioners reorganized for 2015 on Tuesday.
Commissioner Joan Robinson-McMillen was selected as chairperson and Commissioner John A. Sobel as vice chairperson of both boards. Controller Tony Scotto was also selected as secretary for the salary board.
The commissioners will hold work sessions the first Tuesday of the month and regular meetings the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. All meetings will be held at 10 a.m. at the conference room at the Clearfield County Administrative Offices.
The salary board will meet at 10 a.m. the second Tuesday of the month prior to the regular commissioners’ meeting.
In other business, the salary board voted to approve:
- the 2015 salaries of elected officials. Commissioner Mark B. McCracken noted that the elected officials’ salaries remained frozen at prior year’s rates, except for that of the district attorney whose salary is determined by the state.
- the 2015 county solicitor’s salary, which included a $1,000 raise from last year.
- the 2015 salaries of the salaried employees. Initially, Sobel motioned and Scotto seconded to separate the salary of the elections director. Sobel and Scotto believed the raise in the election director’s salary was too disproportionately high as compared to that of others, making it unfair. However, this motion failed to pass and resulted in a tie with Robinson-McMillen and McCracken opposing the separation. McCracken motioned to approve the entire list of salaries for salaried employees, which was seconded by Robinson-McMillen; this motion received unanimous approval.
- the collapse of the position of a full-time enforcement officer/solid waste, effective Jan. 6.
- the creation and advertisement of a part-time enforcement officer/solid waste, effective Jan. 6. It was noted that the position is not to exceed 1,000 hours annually.
- the creation and advertisement of the position of administrative assistant/planning, effective Jan. 6.
- the creation and advertisement of the position of administrative assistant/tax assessment, effective Jan. 6.
- the creation and advertisement of a temporary, full-time department clerk II/prothonotary for a fixed term through June 30 and effective Jan. 6.
- the creation and advertisement of the position of caseworker/Children & Youth Services, effective Jan. 6.