State police at Clearfield
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Thursday or Friday in the 1600 block of Chesnut Grove Highway in Pine Township. During the incident, someone allegedly struck a mailbox and fled the scene without notifying the property owner. The vehicle, state police said, is believed to be a Nissan truck or sports utility vehicle with possible extensive damage to its right side. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- Police responded to a vehicle lockout at the JG Food Warehouse.
- Police received a report from Fullington Bus Company about a motorist who allegedly failed to stop for a school bus with its red lights on. The school bus driver was letting students off in front of the Clearfield YMCA at the time.
- Police received a report about an alleged theft at a Market Street business. The incident, police said, remains under investigation at this time.
- Police assisted a female with gaining entry into her residence along South Second Street.
- Police handled an alleged incident of harassment via communications.
- Police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation and found that a passenger had several warrants out for his arrest. Police arrested the male and housed him at the Clearfield County Jail. Police were assisted by the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office.
- Police received a report about an alleged theft incident on Northwest Third Avenue.
- Police received a report about a psychological emergency in Hyde.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment that occurred at a local school.
- Police received a report about two motorists who were allegedly racing along the Clearfield – Shawville Highway. Police searched the area but couldn’t locate the vehicles.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a business along the Clearfield – Woodland Highway. Upon arrival police found everything to be OK.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment by communications.
- On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by a 78-year-old Treasure Lake man attempted to turn into Treasure Lake from the Bee Line Highway. However, the man failed to see a vehicle driven by a 41-year-old Stump Creek man, causing the two to collide with each other. Both vehicles sustained severe damage; no injuries were reported, police said.
- A false alarm occurred Wednesday at Sears.
- A 56-year-old South Eighth Street man was arrested Thursday for public intoxication and disorderly conduct. Further, the man’s neighbor called police after he allegedly attempted to start a fight with him.
- On Thursday, police responded to a Circle Road residence for an alleged domestic disturbance between a 50-year-old woman and her 29-year-old son. Upon police arrival, the son had left the residence. Police spoke to both parties and handled the situation without incident.