State police at DuBois
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred sometime between Oct. 1 and Thursday on Maple Drive in Falls Creek Borough. During the incident, someone allegedly removed four wheels and tires from the victim’s shed on his property. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
- Police received a report about traffic violations in the area of Bowman’s Hill Road.
- Police received a report about a traffic violation in the area of U.S. Route 322. The vehicle, however, was gone upon police arrival.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of trespassing by motor vehicle that occurred along private property on Coal Hill Road.
- Police received a report about a traffic violation on Route 153.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of littering.
- A two-vehicle accident occurred Wednesday at the intersection of McCracken Run Road and East DuBois Avenue. No injuries were reported in the accident; one vehicle was towed from the scene, police said.
- On Wednesday, police received a report about the alleged theft of a handgun from a residence in the 700 block of West Washington Avenue.
- An 11-year-old DuBois girl was allegedly assaulted by a group of known boys at the City Park on Wednesday. The victim’s mother, police said, didn’t want to press any charges and requested officers to speak with the boys.
- Police received a report about an alarm at Farmers National Bank on Beaver Drive on Wednesday. Upon arrival police found cleaning personnel had activated the alarm.
- Police received a report about an alarm at Kohlhepp’s on DuBois Street on Thursday. Upon arrival police found the alarm had a malfunction.
- Police responded to the Pyramid School on Highland Street for an unruly student on Wednesday. The 17-year-old was allegedly causing a disturbance with her parents and staff. Police handled the situation without incident.
- A 17-year-old DuBois girl was backing out of a parking space at K-Mart on Wednesday when a white Escalade driven by an older female struck her own and then left the scene. Minor damage and no injuries were reported, police said.
- A 17-year-old Penfield girl lost control of her vehicle while traveling Thursday on state Route 255 in the area of Mount Run Road. Her vehicle then traveled off the roadway and ran into the porch of a house owned by a 55-year-old woman. Severe damage to the home and vehicle were reported, said police.
- On Thursday, a 26-year-old Treasure Lake man reported that someone used his checking account for two, separate charges in the Philadelphia area, totaling $604.
- On Thursday, a 37-year-old Wilson Avenue woman reported that a German Shepard from a Wasson Avenue residence came into her yard and was very aggressive to her husband. The dog law officer has been contacted regarding the situation, police said.
- A 53-year-old Brockport woman was seen by K-Mart employees attempting to take a computer ink cartridge without paying for it on Thursday. Charges for retail theft have been filed, said police.
- A 35-year-old Falls Creek woman was traveling Thursday on the Rich Highway when a deer hit the driver’s side fender of her sports utility vehicle. This, police said, caused severe damage, including breaking out the rear window. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident.
- On Thursday, a 51-year-old Overdorf Avenue woman reported being harassed by a male by phone. Police handled the situation without incident.
- A 19-year-old Brockway man lost control of his vehicle when he swerved to miss a deer Thursday on the Rich Highway. His vehicle traveled off the roadway, where it hit several large rocks and a mailbox, before coming to rest against a large mound of dirt. Severe damage and no injuries were reported, police said.