State police at DuBois
- An incident of DUI occurred Sept. 6 in the area of Route 322 and Murray Road in Winslow Township. Further, a 63-year-old Reynoldsville man was stopped for a traffic violation and determined to be DUI. Charges for DUI and related offenses were filed through the district court, state police said.
- On Sept. 12, two juvenile males allegedly consumed alcohol on the school bus on Vo Tech Road in Winslow Township. When checked by a school resource officer, the males were allegedly in possession of alcohol, tobacco and knives. Juveniles charges, state police said, are currently pending at this time.
- A 16-year-old girl allegedly wrote bomb threats in the restroom at the Jeff Tech School on multiple occasions between May 13 and Sept. 22. Charges will be filed against the girl, state police said.
State police at Philipsburg
- An accident occurred Saturday on Black Moshannon Road east of Reservoir Road in Rush Township. Joshua Walk of Philipsburg was traveling east when he lost control of his vehicle negotiating a right-hand curve. His vehicle traveled across the westbound lane and off of the left shoulder of the roadway. There, his vehicle struck a road sign and traveled off an embankment, continuing down and striking a tree. Walk’s vehicle continued a short distance further before striking another tree head-on and coming to a rest against it. His vehicle sustained disabling front end damage, minor driver’s side damage and both driver’s side tires became flat. Walk sustained minor injuries but declined medical treatment; his vehicle was towed from the scene.
- An incident of burglary occurred sometime between Friday and Monday at storage sheds along Curtin Street in Rush Township. During the incident, someone allegedly cut the lock off of a storage unit. Once inside they allegedly removed a 1996 Honda 250EX four-wheeler. The four-wheeler was red in color and valued at approximately $750, state police said.
State police at Ridgway
- An accident occurred Tuesday at the intersection of the Bennetts Valley Highway and Plum Street in Jay Township. Vehicles operated by Brandon Boroi and Laura Sorg, both of St. Marys, and Paula Reed of Ridgway were traveling southbound when Reed stopped to make a left-hand turn onto Plum Street. Sorg stopped directly behind the Reed vehicle; however, Boroi failed to notice. Boroi subsequently rear-ended the Sorg vehicle, which pushed it into the Reed vehicle. Boroi was cited for the accident. State police were assisted by the Jay Township Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department and the Bennetts Valley Ambulance Service.
- Police received a report about an alleged disturbance on South Second Street.
- Police received a report about a custody dispute from a township resident.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment from a township resident.
- Police received a report about an alleged scam that occurred on a cellular phone.
- Police served a mental health warrant on Baney Road.
- Police received a report about an unwanted person along Baney Road. The matter, police said, was unfounded.
- On Sunday, police apprehended two Curwensville residents for allegedly being in possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
- Mount Jewitt police were assisted with attempting to locate a man for whom there was an arrest warrant. The man, police said, wasn’t located in Curwensville.
- Police received a report about suspicious persons in the area of Irvin Hill on Monday evening.