State police at Clearfield
- A motor vehicle theft occurred Monday on Forest Road in Cooper Township. During the incident, someone started the victim’s vehicle and fled the scene undetected. State police described the vehicle as a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox with Pennsylvania registration. The vehicle is white in color.
- An accident occurred Wednesday on the Philipsburg – Bigler Highway in Boggs Township. The operator of a vehicle was traveling eastbound and negotiating a left-hand curve. At that point, the operator lost control of the vehicle and struck the guiderail off of the eastbound lane. After impact, the vehicle came to a rest partially in the eastbound lane. The vehicle, state police said, sustained moderate damage to the passenger’s side, as well as to the front passenger’s side tire. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident
- An incident of harassment/disorderly conduct occurred Monday at the Philipsburg-Osceola Middle School in Chester Hill Borough. During the incident, an 11-year-old juvenile created an inconvenience at school in which he attempted to leave and subjected the victim to unwanted physical contact. Charges were filed through the district court.
- Moderate injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident Monday on the old U.S. Route 322 highway in Decatur Township. A West Decatur woman was traveling west and negotiating a right-hand curve in the roadway. At that point, she lost control of her vehicle and crossed the double yellow line and subsequently collided with a backhoe that was traveling east. The woman was wearing her seatbelt; however, she was transported to the Mount Nittany Medical Center for treatment of injuries. Also, the woman was cited for the accident.
- No injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident on Saturday on the Shawville – Croft Highway in Goshen Township. Kimberly Fry of Clymer was traveling eastbound and negotiating a left-hand curve. Her vehicle exited via the right side of the roadway and sideswiped the guiderails. Her vehicle then crossed the roadway in a northeast direction into the oncoming westbound lane and was struck by a vehicle operated by Steven Heitsenrether of Woodland. All occupants were wearing their seatbelts. Fry was cited for the accident.
State police at Ridgway
- The investigation is continuing into an incident in which a known woman allegedly attempted to purchase a firearm and provided false information on her application. Her purchase, state police said, was denied.
- No injuries were reported after an accident that occurred Monday on the Bennetts Valley Highway in Jay Township. Gabrielle Redmond of Falls Creek was traveling southbound when her vehicle drifted off the roadway and struck an embankment. Her vehicle sustained major damage to its right front end. After impact, her vehicle spun in a clockwise direction and traveled south, crossed the roadway and came to a final rest along the berm of the northbound lane. Redmond was wearing her seatbelt; she was cited for the accident.
- A Curwensville resident contacted police on Monday at which time he was advised that his complaint with another person was a civil issue.
- Police were assisted in handling a death that occurred at a Filbert Street residence. Further, police were assisted by the state police and the Curwensville Rescue Hose & Ladder.