Propane Leak Caused House Explosion in Sandy Twp.

WJAC-TV photo

WJAC-TV photo

SANDY TOWNSHIP – A propane gas leak caused a house to explode into flames yesterday afternoon at 1676 Caribbean Rd. in Treasure Lake, Sandy Township, reported the state police at DuBois.

The leak, state police said, occurred in the basement area of the house. Propane was supplied to the house from an exterior storage tank and utilized for heating and to power a gas clothes dryer. State police noted there wasn’t any sort of criminal activity associated with the explosion.

Damage is estimated at $250,000. The house belonged to Michael M. Myers and Deborah Priddy of DuBois, state police said.

Campus Corner: Fisher, Wriglesworth Making Big Splashes
DuBois Fire Chief Presents Annual Report

Leave a Reply