ELK COUNTY – The Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal launched several arson investigations last summer in Elk County, according to the state police at Ridgway.
Several incidents have been resolved and resulted in arrests. However, five arson incidents have not yet been resolved and include the following:
- June 17, 2012, 429 Walnut St., Ridgway Borough; the victim was Stephen Gausman.
- June 28, 2012, Johnsonburg Hotel, Johnsonburg Borough.
- July 2, 2012, 703 Market St., Johnsonburg Borough, St. Jose Club.
- July 10, 2012, 141 Rettger St., City of St. Marys, vehicle fire.
- Aug. 21, 2012, 208 Church St., Johnsonburg Borough; the victim was Robert Abplanalp.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to contact their local police department or the state police fire marshal at 814-776-6136.