BELLEFONTE – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced new conditions for the 2013 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program including the requirement that all grant applicants must be registered with SAM.gov before submitting their applications.
“In an effort to streamline government services and improve efficiency, modifications have been made to the 2013 Assistance to Firefighters Grant application process,” stated U.S. Rep. Glenn Thompson. “One fundamental change this year is the requirement that all grant applicants must be registered in SAM.gov before applications can be submitted.”
The System for Award Management (SAM.gov) is a new integrated federal procurement system, replacing the Central Contractor Registry (CCR), offering streamlined processes and improved capabilities.
“It’s important for grant applicants to familiarize with this change and the full application process, which will help avoid undue delays and application errors,” Thompson added.
Additional Information on the 2013 AFG Application Period:
- ALL GRANT APPLICANTS: Please ensure that your entity has an active registration in SAM.gov. Registration is required to award all new awards for fiscal year 2012 and 2013. It may take several days for a newly submitted registration to become active.
- CURRENT GRANTEES: Current grantees must have an active registration in SAM.gov to avoid delays in receiving approval of amendment and payment requests.
- SAM.gov is completely free of charge. There is no fee for you to register or to renew or update your organization’s information at: https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/.
- EVERYONE: Make sure the banking information, employer ID number, and DUNS number you report in SAM.gov are accurate; the data you enter in SAM.gov and in your grant applications must match.
- CAUTION: You may see the websites of private businesses or contractors that will register your organization in SAM for you—for a fee.
- HELP: Browse through and read the Guides, Top FAQs, and other information that can be found online at the SAM.gov website, the SAM Helpful Hints page, and the Federal Service Desk at www.fsd.gov.
- CONTACTS: Send any questions you have to Jackie Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org), the AFG Grants Management Specialist for Pennsylvania.