PHILIPSBURG – The Philipsburg-based state police have initiated an investigation into an incident of burglary/theft that’s occurred over a six- to nine-month timeframe from July 2011 to February 2012 in Philipsburg Borough.
A 64-year-old Wallingford man told police that since July someone has entered an unoccupied residence located in the 600 block of North Ninth Street. They have allegedly removed the following items:
- two mandolins and one banjo;
- 15 to 20 fishing rods;
- approximately 50 large gauge Lionel model trains;
- a large quantity of model railroad tracks;
- 10 boxes of sports cards that were dated from the mid-1950’s to the mid-1960’s;
- two 30-30 rifles;
- two pump action shotguns;
- a 10-cent slot machine;
- two snare drum sets; and
- 10 to 15 Louisville Slugger baseball bats.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philipsburg-based state police at 814-342-3370.